“Great Food & Service!”

Ranked #10 of 233 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We were waiting for the kiwis to come out for the night so went for dinner. We went to the downtown area and decided to try Indian in NZ. India Star turned out to be the perfect choice! The food was fantastic and the staff extremely attentive. My wife made the mistake of leaving the table when I ordered. I asked for it to be hot and was it ever! Loved it but my wife was feeling it. The waiter brought her some yogurt to cut the heat - then she was able to enjoy as well.

Zing

There are newer reviews for Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Having visited this Restaurant tonight I must say this is one of the best Indian meals I have had since I came to New Zealand a number of years ago. The chillie chicken was excellent and the curry was cooked to perfection. The staff were attentive, friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Excellent place to eat look forward to returning.

Neil

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The manager made inappropriate comments to my niece, was arrogant, pushy and downright rude. They brought me a meal I didn't order after making a big fuss they could make whatever I wanted but did bring the correct meal 10 minutes later. The 3 meals were all very good though. I would not return here even for Free!

3  Thank Badboynz
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Many thanks to Ray and his great staff, we at twowheeltours eat there when we are in NZ on our MTB tours. The food is bountiful, tasty, they have Cobra beers and the value for money is excellent. We'll keep eating there each time we are on tour.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Excellent service and food matched with well priced wine. We like spicy and the waiter suggested the beef vindaloo and chicken tikka, both very nice. We will be back!