“Best Indian food. 10/10”

Indian Star Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 277 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just drove into Rotorua, walking down the mall, saw The Indian Star and too our chances.
Service was perfect
Food was exceptional
Highly recommend.
Just wish they were on the Tweed, NSW, Australia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Very good service and tandoori!. Tikka massala chicken was perfect. The price it·S also good for NZ standard.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

For $34 you order a banquet (minimum 2 ppl) and you get a delicious array of Indian cuisine favourites. I was contentedly full after this meal, and not gonna lie probably one of the best butter chicken and madras I've ever had.

Treat yo'self to this delicious meal, provided with a high standard of customer service.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We eated the most delicious tikka masala. I’m sure we will come back and try other dishes too.

Waits were polite and service was fast.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Indian Star serves excellent food! Two standouts to me were the chicken tikka and the vindaloo (of various types). While the vindaloo was excellent, the chicken tikka was the best my wife and I have ever had. (For what it's worth for context, yes, we're from the US, but we've eaten plenty of wonderful Indian food in Malaysia for a couple of years.) My only food criticism was that the butter chicken was overly sweet, which was unfortunate since it's usually one of my favorite dishes and I was introducing it to people who'd never had it before; however, I simply focused on all the other wonderful dishes.

This is a pretty restaurant, with plenty of indoor and outdoor (covered) seating, located at one end Rotorua's Eat Street area. The staff was warm, friendly, and efficient. We were never wanting for anything because of the constant (but not obtrusive) checks from different helpful, conscientious staff members.

I would definitely recommend Indian Star.