“Fantastic Service”

Ranked #4 of 268 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$20 - US$53
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Where to look first, outwards, upwards or at the live chef displays... Set high on the side of Mount Ngongotaha, Stratosfare is the newest hot spot on Rotorua's burgeoning foodie scene. Luxurious Italian marble, granite, schist stonework and timber set the scene for a memorable experience where David Trubridge light frames your dinner setting for an evening that is sure to delight all your senses. Skilled chefs at their stations craft your cuisine, while cocktail connoisseurs mix and shake at the bar - and the sights don't stop - there's also an incredible 180 degree panorama of Lake Rotorua and the city to soak in amongst the atmosphere. Did we mention the menu? A range of cuisine is presented to tantalize your taste buds, from the tidal mussel tank, ensuring the freshest mussels you can find, to the flame rotisserie, aged prime cuts, Art of the Grill, seasonal salads and the freshly cooked-to-order crepes, we are sure you will leave wanting to come back again and again. Featuring a stunning array of freshly prepared buffet and cooked-to-order dishes highlighting locally sourced seafood, meat and produce, Stratosfare will take you on a gastronomic journey. Our commitment to quality begins long before our produce arrives at our pinnacle site. We work in partnership with local NZ farmers and growers who share our commitment to food excellence, from the pasture to the plate. Our award-winning Wagyu Angus cross fillet steak is just one example. Our prime beef comes from 16,000 hectares of coastal farms near Gisborne. The people of Mangatu Farms have been working their ancestral lands for more than 200 years. They can tell us exactly where the beef has come from, how it was reared and what it was fed. It's the little details like these that set our dining experience apart. We think you will be able to taste the difference too. Last dinner booking 8.30Pm.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I went to stratosfare for my birthday. From the moment we got there the service was amazing. The food was so good and so many options to choose from. My husband likes his steak well done and most of the steaks there were medium rare and it was no trouble for the chefs to whip something up for him. I didn't tell anyone about my birthday when booking. But our amazing waitress Channadra (Ann) who served us that night asked what the special occasion was and we told her. Next thing she had a birthday card done for me and a very yummy cake and the card was signed by all the staff that were working. I tell ya I felt really special and it was the perfect end to my birthday. Thank you Channadra (Ann) for making my birthday that extra special.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Our meal here, with Jodeci, she was our waitress, was incredible with beyond belief views and wonderful wines from Volcanic Hills the rose and chardonnay were killer!
Make sure to ask for Jodeci! She is the best!

1  Thank Gregory B
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely breath taking views and amazing food. This is an experience I will never forget. It was recommended to us by the local motor lodge (The Wyler Court).

The staff showed us around the restaurant before we ate and there is a food choice for everyone. A total lifetime experience never to be forgotten.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We had awesome service from saphire... always had a smile on her face and she definitely made our visit to the restaurant worth while... I asked her if they had any yoghurt for my son to eat... she told me no which was fine... but she went to the cafe to find a banana for him instead.... he was happy with that banana

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Woooow! The food and atmosphere is amazing. Wonderful views and friendly staff! A waitress named saphire was a bubbly delight . Funny and vibrant, she managed to make my table laugh aswell as others. Ill be coming back!