“Stone Grill! Cook to your own order!”
Review of Triple 1 Five Restaurant - CLOSED

Triple 1 Five Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Clemson, South Carolina
“Stone Grill! Cook to your own order!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I visited and had the mixed stonegrill which consisted of chicken, lamb, beef, and venison for $32 New Zealand dollars. The meat is brought to you on a heated stone and you cook it to your liking. This was one of the best meals in Rotorua that I had.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Value for money and friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Tried their Stone-grilled Steak and was throughly pleased with it. It was $20 and very appetising. Definitely will go back again if I visit Rotorua again. Very worth it!

Visited July 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Great food, average service”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Had an early booking at 1115 and when we arrived there were only 3 or 4 other tables occupied. There were a good number of staff on duty.

Were seated by closed window, and with fire blazing cafe was warm and cosy. Were given our menu but were not asked if we wanted drinks which we found strange. We made our choices and then waited for service. Another couple had come in after us (cafe was still no where near to full capacity though) and called out to ask us if we had ordered yet as time wad ticking by and no one had come near us. Then a man appeared at their table to take their order. I was grateful that they directed him to us as we had been waiting longer, but it shouldn't have been needed if wait staff had been on to it. He yelled out across the room to get another person to take their order. I had to ask if we could get drinks, again they weren't offered which I find astonishing and a little annoying.

Meal arrived in good time and we can't fault the quality of it. Mussel chowders and fish mains. Lovely and good portions.

It is a shame that the table sevice was so casual. I even noticed that one of the waitresses was wearing a T shirt with a big hole in the back.

The food and the service did not match up to each other.

Landau in der Pfalz, Germany
“Stonegrill - good quality and price”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

By the recommendation of our B&B guesthouse we went to Triple 1 Five for dinner.
We both had stonegrill items : one mixed grill (chicken, lamb, beef, verizon) 32 $ and one 250g sirloin steak 32 $.
These are served raw on a hot stone, to be cooked at the table on our own. Both were joined by a potato and a salad.
Quality of all food was very good, I would go for the same again, price is justified in my eyes.
Also the service that we got was ok. and friendly.

Tauranga, New Zealand
“What a little gem”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I visited Rotorua yesterday, when we came across Triple 1 Five Restaurant.
It was a very cold day and the place seemed very inviting for lunch. Really warm, lots of tables,
and the place was humming. My special of the day Chicken Teriyiaka was just beautiful. One
of the best I have had. Hubby had the Chowder and loved it. The staff were really nice and
friendly and happy to talk to us, as were the other customers. Everyone was having a great
time. I fully recommend this Restaurant, and the wonderful coffee and crepes were a perfect
finish. Thanks a lot