Emerald Spa Motor Inn
US$123
Novotel
US$90
US$81
Cleveland Thermal Motel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$120
US$111
US$155
US$150
Agoda.com
PURE Motel & Guest House(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$87
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
VR Rotorua Lake Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$125
US$68
US$66
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewswelcome basketheat pumpgreat place to stayfree wifione bedroom uniton arrivalsky tvfresh milkwould definitely stay here againexcellent motellocal attractionsfenton streetheated swimming poolair conditioningexcellent staygreat facilitiesenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This resort is a great place to stay in Rotorua. Very friendly host can't do enough for you. The rooms are very nice with a spa in the room and a pool outside. The price is not cheap but middle range and good value. The place was spotless and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We traveled to Emerald Spa for the first time for a weekend of speedway. The managers sectioned off parking by the pool for our 4 cars and trailers and were extremely helpful. The rooms were very clean and of a comfortable size (we stayed in the 2 bedroom unit).
The pool was nice and warm and a cover is kept on it.
Fresh milk and a goodie box is provided on arrival.
The cleaning ladies were very friendly and bought pool towels up to our room for the kids without having to ask.
Would highly recommend Emerald Spa as it is good value for money and provided a great nights sleep.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom units are great for families and they accommodate for up to 6 people.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sammie1991pn
Reviewed 10 February 2012

A bright smile greeted us and owners even gave us some extra ice for our G&T's. Helpful info about our interests in town. Room was generous size, clean, well equipped.
After reading 2 very negative comments, I can only assume that the owners, who I dealt with, we're gone, leaving motel in care of a replacement.
We highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scoot C
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and will never go back. Through out my two night stay I was judged for the way I looked, followed through the hotel when arriving back at night, a friend who had dropped me back to my room was told to 'leave and not come back' and to top off this extremely unprofessional behaviour I came out of my shower in a towel to find the male owner in my room trying to 'inspect' it. I was absolutely horrified and ordered him to leave immediately. The hotel had my credit card details and were more then welcome to do an inspection on the room AFTER I had checked out if they were worried about it. I have stayed in many hotels especially in Rotorua and have never once been treated with disrespect or unprofessionally like I was treated at Emerald Spa Resort. I have made other reviews on websites which advised me to make a complaint to the Motel Association, which i did do but unfortunately this hotel does not belong to that association.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Abbi_c
RotoruaRata, Owner at Emerald Spa Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for the feed back of your stay over th RAGAMUFFIN MUSIC FESTIVAL WEEKEND. As hosts, it is utmost importance to us to provide a comfortable and relaxing stay for ALL of our guests. This means we take noise complaints and concerns about unauthorised guests staying on the property very seriously. As we had a number of complaints, about loud music from vehicles parked in the courtyard, excessive amounts of alcohol being consumed along with smoking of cannabis in the courtyard outside your units. We made a decision to man the gate because of the number of youngsters visiting the concert guests. We received a number of concerns from other in-house guests about whether we were able to keep the situation and noise under control. With the number of people we turned away from entering the property between 10pm to 2.20am it was obvious to us that you planned to make our motel party central. Your partner invited us into your unit to do an inspection,we were not aware that you were in the bathroom.We are sorry your stay with us was not as you hoped it to be, I guess we are more geared toward families,and business travellers and other guest otherwise seeking an upmarket stay and it sounds like our property was not a good match for the ragamuffin music experience you were seeking.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was absolutly disgusted with the way my friends and I were treated upon arrival and our stay at Emerald Spa hotel. One of the first things they said to us was "I hope you children aren't going to cause any trouble" instead of 'welcome to our motel' and apart from the fact we are all well into our 20's. We were basically stalked the 2 days we stayed there ranging from the owner looking out the blinds at us or just generally always there when you turned around. I found this extremely uncomfortable as i am not used to being made to feel like a criminal. SO if your thinking of staying at the emerald spa you should probally reconsider if you are : Under 30, White, Maori, Pacific Island or Have any tattoos and want to have a good time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends