Jet Park Hotel Rotorua
US$154
  • Pool
US$112
US$89
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$174
US$557
US$474
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$114
Agoda.com
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$86
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$106
US$140
US$136
Orbitz.com
Cedarwood Lakeside(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
All reviewscontinental breakfastpillow menucountdown supermarketstay there againmodern hotelgood sizemain buildingwithin walking distancepleasant stayroom ratefree wifiper dayking bedthe room was niceyogurtcentral locationfamily room
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We spent two nights at this location. The room was a decent size, with nice amenities. The 'free' breakfast was fairly basic, dry cereal, OJ, toast, butter/jam, milk, coffee & tea.

However, do not waste your money on their $9.50/day "High speed" wifi. Complete rip off. First, its capped at 60KB/s, which is marginally faster than an old school dialup 56K modem. Worse, something is badly misconfigured, as the connection drops out for several seconds at a time, every minute. I'm certain this wasn't a problem with my laptop, as the computer in the hotel lobby exhibited the same problems.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank netllama
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Location was excellent, price would have been good value had the standard been better. We requested two beds which we got but the room had not been prepared for two people. Drinks, towels and toiletries had not been replaced. Towels had holes in them, sheets had permanent stains. The fridge and one of the chairs were unstable. The room had a large cobweb (18" x 8") over the bed including its resident. Breakfast was nice but orange and mango fruit juice not labelled and I have a mango allergy as well as real arachnaphobia. The attitude of the reception staff could be greatly improved upon.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank cynthiaburton24
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel in early January. Upon check in found out that they didnt have our booking and the reception staff was ungreatfull to see us. He gave us the room at the end when he checked the email. We went to the room which looked very tired and was smelly. It was very hot in the room so we turned the AC on which would not pump cold air. I thought it might take a while. So we went out for dinner and came back to a room which felt like a Sauna. I could'nt sleep all night. I told the reception staff and she said that someone will have a look at it. We went out all day and got back to find out that the AC was still ot working. I called the reception and was told that the Maintenance staff does not work during the weekend. So i asked for a room move and we were downgraded to another room. Which was nice and cold but still tired looking and funny smell. We checked out next day feeling very disappointed with the property. I filled a guest comment and noone has been in touch. Its been nearly two weeks.

I suggest stay away from this property if you dont want to be disappointed. There are much nice options for same price in Rotorua with nice staff, service and hotels.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VijayN
Reviewed 16 January 2011

This is your typical suites business hotel. The room was large; two full size beds, large bath, TV and a nice size desk. The property is on the main road, and you can hear noise from street traffic. Breakfast is included; toast and pastries, cereals, fruit and drinks. A supermarket is directly across the street. There is a PC in the lobby with free internet, but since there is only one unit, there might be a wait. There is a very small swimming pool that is more suitable for soaking than swimming laps. The hotel seemed full, which is a good sign, but that means breakfast and the common areas were crowded, and there were a lot of people wandering the hallways.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JerseyInShanghai
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I booked this hotel as we need to add 1 more night to our trip and I found on the internet they got a family package that includes skyline rides and buffet breakfast, and for the price, I thought this was a good deal. The room we had had a double bed in the bedroom and sofa bed in the lounge. It was neat and tidy, and we didn't encounter any smells. The room is also airconditioned which is great because Rotorua is so hot during summer. It had a microwave, tea/coffee, cutlery and crockery. LCD TV with Sky channels. Happy with the buffet breakfast, healthy enough and for me had the choices I had in mind with the price we paid. The bathroom is roomy and clean and had a spa bath over shower. It has a swimming pool, laundry and gym too, and overall the place was clean - and I think I should give credit to this hotel for having these. Overall, if not for the bouncy beds (I didn't get a good sleep), I would rate this hotel as recommendable especially if you're a family on a budget. The front desk owner/staff were also very polite and had smiling faces - something that was lacking at Novotel where we stayed days after.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family