“Immaculate”

Pukekura Motor Lodge
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in New Plymouth
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed in a studio unit. The unit was modern, well appointed and spotless. The person in reception was welcoming and was happy to extend our check out time the next day.

Plenty of parking next to the unit and not far from the city centre.

Room Tip: Probably better to ask for one away from the road, but we didn't hear traffic noise. Double glaz...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It is great that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The Pukekura far exceeded my quite picky expectations. The hosts were exceptionally friendly and accommodating, and the facilities were spacious, immaculate and very comfortable (this insomniac slept like a rock!). Their breakfasts were hot, fresh and delicious = mmm mmm mmm. I thoroughly enjoyed my four-day stay and highly recommend the Pukekura. Thank you, Karen and Allan!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth. Our beds are really comfortable and ensure everyone has a great sleep. Allan cooks a great breakfast!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We picked a 2 bedroom unit at the back, even though there was only 2 of us. It was called a business unit with a writing desk. We enjoyed the space and privacy and quiet at the back. Clearly very popular, as the car park was often full. We stayed 7 comfortable nights. Good kitchen with full size fridge was excellent. Half size dishwasher was excellent (essential for holiday). Very spacious bathroom and toilet. Airconditioned. Owners were most helpful and obliging. Another excellent feature was free wifi internet. Highly recommended for couples and business travellers - for all that we thought it was great value

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth. Our units are very quiet and spacious and we appreciate your comments on this.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent 2 nights here recently on business and I think its the nicest motel I've stayed in for a long time. The room (a studio unit) was spacious, new, with modern decor, the reception staff are very friendly, the bed was wonderfully comfortable and the room was really quiet, which considering the motel is on one of the main thoroughfares in and out of New Plymouth city, I didn't expect. I can't fault the Pukekura Motor Lodge, and as others have said, it was super clean. My only warning would be to anyone travelling without a vehicle as I was. There are no restaurants or cafes in the vicinity (there are a couple of chippies about 10-15 minutes walk up the road) and there seemed to only be information in the room about one take-away place that delivered to the motel and they only did roast meals. The motel is about 15 minutes walk away from the city centre, probably longer on the return trip because its at the top of a big hill. I would definitely recommend the Pukekura and hope the work travel coordinator books me in there again on my next visit, I'll just make sure I hire a car next time!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth. We have taken on board your comments about only having information about one delivery as there are several Restaurants that do delivery which are in the compendium but we have now made this clearer.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at Pukekura Motor Lodge last week with my partner as we were attending my sister's 21st and WOMAD. This place is fabulous! and INCREDIBLY CLEAN! which is great for a germophobe like myself. Modern furnishings and fittings, close to everything and the hosts were really friendly and helpful. My partner and I both agreed that this motel was much better than most of the expensive hotels we have stayed at back in Auckland. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting a relaxing break as it is really quiet despite being on a fairly busy road. Would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth. We pride ourselves on keeping our units clean and appreciate your comments on our hard work.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Arrived with no prior booking, given upstairs unit, which was large, bright, clean, up to date decor. Fantastic nights sleep, quiet, with nil noise from next unit.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my parents while attending my cousins wedding. They had a 2 bed unit and I had a studio unit. Both rooms were huge. My studio must have been twice the size of a 4 star hotel room. I usually go for a hotel over a motel as I like a cooked room service breakfast and the odd soda from the mini bar. To my surprise Pukekura motor lodge had both. I had the eggs benedict both mornings and while not being the best I have ever had. It was good and I have had far worse from 4 or 5 star hotels. Apart from this the place is modern and very clean. I went to hotel school many years ago and I always remember being told every new guest should feel like they are the first person ever to use that room. Thats a hard ask but I can honestly say that this property lives up to that. Good work guys I will be back

Room Tip: If your a single or couple ask for a upstairs studio room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank webbstsam

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and it means a great deal to us that you can appreciate the hard work we have put in to making our guests feel welcome.