“Good Value for Money”

Ranked #50 of 165 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Inspired by the heritage dishes of India and Punjab, Flame is a window into the ancient culinary world of the North West of Southern Asia; a jewel in the heart of New Plymouth’s CBD. Our enticing menu selection features entrees, curries, banquets and desserts; all delivering a tantalising taste of the East infused with Flame’s fresh, modern, flavour twist. Fancy a light snack and a Lassi? Feel like curry with a freshly-baked naan bread (our spinach and cheese is incredible)? Or want to take full advantage of our Gourmet or Family Banquet? Take your pick and remember not to leave town without also trying Flame’s “Good Times” Sizzling Platter… It’s legendary! So, whatever your appetite, mood or fancy join us for an unforgettable dining experience and your very own delicious, twisty, Flame-infused memory of New Plymouth to take with you.
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Flame doesn't sound like Indian Restaurant and until we saw the menu it was apparent that yes its an indian restaurant. Totally amazed with the cheap dinner deal and cocktails however I didn't like the presentation of the food. The curry was dripping out from the dish, it was overfilled and when the waitress put on the table it was bit messed. Curry was really tasty though. Little concern on hygiene would be better.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank worldsumie

• Korean first
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Great value even in meal”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal. Staff and customer service was excellent. I tried the $10 evening meal. Great range of food. Meal was slow coming. Staff provided us a wee snack till meal arrived. I'll be back again. I love the decor in the restaurant

1 Thank Janr20
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“creamy”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Never have I had so much cream in a curry that isn't mean't to have cream in. They forgot to bring our starters and then told us that the mains would make up for it, they didn't! The only good thing about the food was the roti which were very nice and the lady who served us was lovely. Will not go again.

• Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great value”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We ate here for two nights using the $12 Sunday to Wednesday special menu. We ate four different dishes and each was delicious. Portion size was still fine for us (we're not big eaters) and we supplemented with a delicious garlic and seame naan the second night. Also tried the mango and banana lassies which were both great. Recommended for food, value and service. The staff genuinely wanted to know how we found the food and we felt that if we had had any negative feedback, they would have taken it on board. Recommended.

Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Classy looking restaurant”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This restaurant looks very impressive - it is very modern and classy. The service was excellent, very prompt and extremely courteous. I have to say, I was let down a bit by the food as far as Indian cuisine goes, the food lacked flavor and there was no heat at all. I like my food mild to medium but tasted no heat whatsoever and pity if you like your curries very hot. The specials on are good though - great cocktails and desserts.
Please Flame - whack some spice up your food and I'd be back.

Visited January 2014