“A bit of a disappointment”
Review of Elixir Cafe

Elixir Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elixir Cafe -your daily fix. Every morning our muffins, cakes and biscuits are made fresh for you by our trained bakers and taste tested by our front of house staff. Our dedicated baristas are committed to coffee greatness were only the very best coffee is served. Our kitchen where possible uses fair trade, locally sourced, sustainable and free range products. Our qualified chefs have an all consuming passion for food, using a simple combination of fresh ingredients, providing you with an experience of home away from home.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“A bit of a disappointment”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

As a regular visitor to New Plymouth I eat out regularly. Elixir came highly recommended so I tried it out. First visit was fine and I enjoyed the food. Subsequent visits however have not been that pleasant. Food is always great but service disappointing. One 3 consecutive occasions I have been treated with indifference by staff. Very little conversation and offhand service. One occasion I was ordering my food and noticed the staff member was gazing at a neighbouring group. I finished my order and it had been missed completely and I had to repeat it.
I have to say although the food is great being made to feel an imposition didn't sit well so I went shopping and have found another place where I get great food and personable people serve you

• Visited January 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“Busy, but for good reason”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Be prepared for a busy vibe in this popular cafe. I haven't found a better cafe in New Plymouth though I have had to perch on a bar stool and leaner just to get in here. Good menu with a huge beverage range served by polite efficient staff. Best not to look at the cakes as you will be hard pressed trying to avoid some truly epic belt busters. Breakfast, even early is a busy time so be patient for a table. The food will arrive in good time and is worth waiting for.

• Visited November 2012
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Central, busy and good food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Reliable provider of great food and better coffee. It is nicely positioned in central New Plymouth. Its a great place to meet to do business and to share food with friends

Visited March 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Recommended for Breakfast”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Nice atmosphere with very friendly staff. The service was excellent in a most pleasant atmosphere. Coffee was well made and the standard of the food above expectation and generous.

Visited March 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Everything about this place exceeded our expectations. Small but awesome menu - we went twice so our group tried everything from granola, unsweet French toast, breakfast salad to eggs benny - every dish was excellent. There are a few booth seats - hopefully you can time it right to get one of these. It's busy so the only disappointment is you may not get in - or you can wait. Oops for got to talk about the coffee - super - so we had plenty! I'll be back next time we're in the Naki!

• Visited March 2013