“Just right for us”
Review of Be My Guest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Plymouth
Be My Guest
Ranked #7 of 24 New Plymouth B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Just right for us”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We like to be independent, decide our activities day by day, and get good local advice. Be My Guest has fine facilities in perfect condition, a great view, and good wireless. Helen's helpfulness and accurate guidance (in addition to her good cooking) made for three terrific days with a variety of activities in new Plymouth and Taranaki. She was a real friend to an American couple with no experience in this area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Taranaki
Reviewed 12 October 2012

What a beautiful setting, wonderful hostess and the fresh baking was a lovely touch in the room. Everything you'd want from a B&B, plus the beautiful fresh eggs for breakfast the next morning was just great. Hostess was very friendly, very welcoming and we would recommend this as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Either room is lovely, though one has stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Swindon
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had a great 2 nights at Helen's B&B. The bedroom was very comfortable, the house is impeccable and there is a great separate small guest lounge and a secret supply of iced cakes (well not that secret you just have to look in the tins).

Helen was very friendly and welcoming and there is really no possible way that I think the experience could be improved apart from magically removing our jetlag.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Helen greeted us with a warm welcome. The accommodation and facilities were excellent, lovely furnishings and linen, a very comfortable TV lounge and all spotless. Nice rural outlook from the back deck. Handy to New Plymouth attractions (which make it worth a visit). To top it off, after breakfast, we given a takeaway lunch for the day! A great experience.
Terry and Betty

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had never been to any bed and breakfast before and I was bit sceptical about it but I am glad that I took this risk specially with my parents and came to this beautiful place. My whole family loved the entire experience. I couldn't stop myself from capturing her beautifully kept house in my camera. Helen is the most welcoming host we ever met. Her creativity can be seen in every tiny thing in her house and I bet that you will enjoy each and every bit of it. Helen thank you so much as you totally made our trip a beautiful and memorable experience. My husband, mum and dad never forget to mention about you whenever we talk about the trip...Thanks so much again:) Wish you all the best and many thanks for the beautiful apron (I loved the surprise!!! :))

Room Tip: Rooms are excellent with beautiful decor. The lovely quotes on the walls give a very personal touch.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jyoti M
Rotorua
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Made to feel very welcome from the moment we stepped in the door. Lovely warm comfortable home with a warm and caring host. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank forestRotorua
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I am so pleased that Helen has followed her dreams and opened her own Band B! She has done a great job-lovely furnishings and fine linens, warm rooms, a guest lounge with home-baking to have with our tea. It was also good getting to know a little about Helen, over breakfast...she is warm and hospitable and nothing is too much trouble. I would certainly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends