“Always Friendly Staff and Quiet Rooms”
Review of The Dawson Motel

The Dawson Motel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in New Plymouth
Auckland
“Always Friendly Staff and Quiet Rooms”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This is my regular Motel when in NP and this place just keeps up the quality and comfort in their well appointed rooms.

Best part is how quiet the rooms are for a great nights sleep!

I recommend this as my favourite in New Plymouth and it's handy central location is easy to walk in to town for an evening out.

Stayed September 2014, travelled on business
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi Richard,

Thank you for such a lovely review of The Dawson Motel. Thanks to all the double glazing on our windows they sure to make the rooms quiet don't they!
We're glad you enjoy staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Barb and Lloyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights and really can't rate it highly enough. The hosts are so accommodating and friendly, and make you feel so welcome. I advised them I would be arriving late on my first night, and found my room warm with the heat pump on. I had travelled to New Plymouth with my mountain bike, which they kindly locked safely away in their garage for me. They also have bikes available for guests to use. I arrived back to the motel after being out most of Saturday to find again the heat pump on and the room nice and cosy.
The rooms are very modern, immaculately cleaned and the beds comfortable. Free wi-fi. The proximity to cafes and shops is great. I will most definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Hi Julie,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review on The Dawson Motel! Nothing's better than coming into a nice toasty room, so we've very glad you appreciate our extra touches to make you feel comfortable. Yes, the guests get a great kick out of our bikes! Especially with us being so close to the walk way!
We will look forward to having you stay with us again.
Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at the Dawson early August, when booking the Motel we advised them that we would be arriving late. We arrived to find the heater on and the unit nice and 'toasty' and the electric blanket on which was really thoughtful. The bed was really comfortable with good blankets, the curtains kept out the light, the furniture was comfortable too. It was great the way they re-stocked the teabags and coffee on the 2nd day. Extra towels were found in the bathroom. It was all nice and clean.
Well recommended, stay here you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi ,

Thank you for your review of The Dawson Motel. We definitely like to make you feel right at home when you stay with us so we're glad you appreciated a nice toasty room! We get quite a few compliments about our beds, they sure are good!

Best wishes,

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here many times while in New Plymouth on business. Incredibly friendly owners and the rooms are so clean that they are like brand new. The rooms are also very nice size with good amenities. Convenient walking distance to all downtown restaurants and pubs. Highly recommended if you are staying in New Plymouth. Also free wifi which is somewhat unusual in NZ.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hi Phil,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on The Dawson Motel.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and its good to see you noticed how we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms!
We have a lot of guests find it very helpful having free wifi here at The Dawson Motel, I'm pleased to hear it was helpful to you.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I had a short break at Dawson Motel with our adult son. We were made to feel very welcome and the motel unit was spotless. The cleaners maintained this standard on a daily basis and all the staff were very thoughtful. I was very impressed with how quiet and warm the unit was. We would certainly recommend this motel to others.

Room Tip: We had a view of the sea.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks Lorna for taking the time to review The Dawson Motel.
I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us, along with the cleaners we pride ourselves on making your stay a comfortable enjoyable experience, I am pleased to see we have achieved this.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Do not be fooled by the "Motel" part of the name, this place is more like a hotel!

The room was fantastic size with an extremely comfy bed. The bathroom was exceptionally modern. The room had great control of temperature and was very quiet.

The staff were fantastic and friendly, it was just a shame i was only there for one night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thanks Matt for taking the time to review your stay at the Dawson Motel, we are very glad to hear you found our rooms spacious and modern, we do hear from quite a few people how comfy the beds are!
Hopefully we will be able to have you back for a longer stay soon.

Lloyd and Barb
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Being a sales rep I travel all over the North Island and the lower half of the South Island, and I would say The Dawson would be the best motel I stay in, Barb and Lloyd are friendly and always put me in the same room, breakfasts are great and always arrive on time no matter how busy they are, the motel is within walking distant to some great restaurants, it is also close to the costal walk.
I would highly recommend this motel if visiting New Plymouth.

Room Tip: There are some rooms on the upper level in winter you will get a fantastic view of Mount Egmont, oth...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
dawsonNewPlymouth, Owner at The Dawson Motel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to write some positive feedback about your stays at The Dawson Motel. Our upstairs units sure have great view of the mountain at this time of year!! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Cheers,