“Wasnt value for money.”

Ranked #50 of 181 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Price range: US$11 - US$62
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Home away from Home ! From outside alfresco dinning to our own private front lounge, sports den, VIP area, casual dinning at its best! In The Heart of The city, easy to find, very hard to leave !! Our Good Home Family will look after all your needs , from Drinks, Snacks,Pizzas,Burgers, Pasta and Salads, and The best range of Steaks in town!! we will even can help plan what to do in Taranaki!
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The resturant is nice and clean with lots of out door seating. Didnt find the indoor seating comfortable. Food was nice enough but small. I had the pumpkin and ricotta bake and although it was nice enough, it was way over priced for what it was. I had heard good things about the place but I was left disappointed.

Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Hopefully, we get it right next time. We take all comments seriously and will be taking your feedback to the head chef to see how we can improve the overall experience.

Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Seventeen of us visited for an evening meal on a Sunday night.

The Good Home is made up of many rooms and kind of does feel like your home with lots of nooks and crannies and modern yet homely decor. It has a beautiful outdoor dining area with outdoor fire overlooking the Huatoki stream which would be perfect on a beautiful day/evening. It is a large venue and seemed very empty as our group was the only ones there dining that evening. We were tucked away in a room to ourselves which was nice and cosy,

The staff were just a little nonchalant, untrained and unprepared...it took ages to get drinks or table service as a whole. The meals all came out within a reasonable time and were delicious and fresh. The menu I felt was of a gastro pub standard, there will be something for everyone, plus they do a daily special which is great, look out for it up by the till....no one announced it while taking our orders....would give it a try again as a couple.

Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Hi,
Many thanks for the detailed review of the The Good Home.
We will take your comments on board and and look to improve the service.

Thanks again and all the best,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I ordered the open steak sandwich, but it had a huge thick piece of bread to cover the tiny bit of steak I got. I thought an Open steak sandwich should be open. I did not order a burger!
The Pork belly was rather small, but the other meals were ok. Nothing to write home about.

If the waiter or the staff at the counter on checking out had asked how our meals were, I would have told them then, but never bothered to ask. Hence, the feedback in public.

I did enjoy the décor etc though. Got sick of the music too though.

Sam S, Owner at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi Teresa
Thanks for choosing the good home the other day !
I am very disappointed it didn't come up to your expectations, we all work hard to make sure we get things right all the time, but as we all know ... we are only as good as our last sale or customer !!
I am concerned no team member came over during your lunch and asked how, your meal was, as this is a MUST for all team members. more training required !!
Spoken to the chef about sizing and this is under review as we try not to over portion our meals to make sure people and satisfied but not over fill.
Hope we see you again.
Regards

Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a large restaurant bar broken into numerous rooms, It was very sparsly occupied so we felt quite alone till we found a wall TV so we could watch some sports. The menu was fine as was the food.

Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to review The Good Home.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Went here for lunch last week, plenty of seating inside, though lovely area outside. Service for good, food came out very quickly and was yummy! I had the Seafood Pasta, it was one of the best I have had. My girlfriend had the Fish 'n Chips, which was also good. And my niece had the Rump Stonegrill Steak, with garlic butter, which she also said was awesome!

Sam S, Owner at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thanks for your review!
We work hard on continuous improving the good home, and as you can imagine we cant get it 100% all the time... but we try too!! Our new menu is going well and i am pleased you had a great time
Thanks for visiting !