“Stop off”
Review of The Landing Cafe

The Landing Cafe
Ranked #16 of 16 Coffee & Tea in New Plymouth
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great coffee and tasty muffin- will definitely return. Nice friendly staff and easy place to hang out for an hour or two and watch the world unfold in front of me.

Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Sunny warm aspect great for morning brunch. Order eggs benedict. You get three eggs. Coffe is very good. Rich and dark flat white. Plenty of strength in that to last the day. Date scone was ok but good size with plenty of dates. Yay. Overall a good little cafe near the scenic waterfront walkway

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Came here for some brunch with my partner and his family. The coffees were good. I had a cappucino. We ordered some french toast, and a builder's breakfast. The french toast was really good. Nice atmosphere. Good location, right in front of the i-site and close to the seaside. They had a good assortment of pastries in their display case. They also had ice cream. My only criticism is that they kept opening the door, it was really cold and rainy outside that morning and we were seated near the door. Just common sense to keep the cold and rough weather out while people are eating inside.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The landing has had a chequerd history over the years, with several name and ownership changes - part of the constant struggle to compete in a small city overladen with similar fast-food outlets. Currently it appears to be under Asian management, and a real effort seems to have made in producing an interestingly different menu. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as it is said, and on my several visits over the past few weeks I have found marked inconsistancies in food quality. One of their specialties, eggs on toast, was on first ordering quite delightful and perfectly cooked, yet on a later visit the eggs were over-cooked and the cold toast plastered with butter. Similarly, the appetising looking cheese scones were on one visit quite acceptable, but on another, overcooked and almost stale tasting. The giant sausage-roll I ordered one other time was an indiscretion on my part. I was reminded of the old Waitara freezing works. The coffee on the other hand is well to my taste, with consistently good quality and well made. I think The Landing is trying hard in a very competitive market, but has a way to go yet.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

If you want a big breakfast then this is the place to go. I've never managed to completely finish my French Toast with the serving so large. And yummy. I have it for lunch too. :D