“Great for functions or casual dining.”

Volcanoview Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 164 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, Dutch, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Volcanoview Restaurant established 26 January 2011. Friendly priced family restaurant with table service. No need to order at the bar, we come to you. Our food is healthy. Most of the dishes are gluten free, we grow our own lettuce, vegetables, capsicums, bake our own cakes, buns, bread, make our own beef/fish/veggie burger patties and all our sauces except mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. So we know that what we serve is good healthy food. Further we cater for weddings, parties, work do's, functions, funerals, you name it. Average cost for a full fledge dinner buffet is $ 37,50 per head. The funny - if you can call it funny - thing is that we are ranked 111 out of 120 restaurants in New Plymouth by the guys who manage this international web site, whilst the average review over all these years results in a rating of 4,5 stars. Well, no worry, this is the place to be for young and old. Everyone can use the free pedal carts.Three flying foxes are all located on a private property. The use of the flying foxes is at your own risk, because Volcanoview, the management and our staff cannot be held responsible for any accidents. If you stick to the rules, nothing is likely to happen. Apart from the restaurant we offer camp ground, cabin and B&B facilities. All reasonable priced and the awesome views of Mt Egmont are totally free of charge. Hope to see you soon. Kind regards, Joep & Anemoon & Kathy
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Great for functions or casual dining.”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Excellent for the whole family. We never see the kids except once their food arrives - the flying fox, pedal cars, swing set and open field keep them well entertained. On wet days there are board games, colouring even a rocking horse for the smaller people. Always warm and comfortable and clean. A varied menu and they will make things to order too. We have had functions there several times and found these a pleasant experience too, easy to be able to enjoy your guests and they cope with prearranged large groups really well.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Hoae

New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night out!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Another fantastic night at Volcano View. Food outstanding...cooked to perfection! Service top notch and nothing too much trouble for Joep and his staff. If you want the whole package, try here for something different..out in the country, the mountain at the window so close you feel you could reach out and touch it, great food with an authentic European touch, great wine selection, service with a personal flair and the best entertainment, whether self made (didn't mind us taking over restaurant when quiet and turning into dance floor for family gathering!) or try one of the 2 flying foxes in the paddock or the pedal carts for children and adult fun...left there exhilarated, exhausted and buzzing from a great night out. Thanks guys.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“The Jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

On the occasions I've been there I've noticed they are able to accommodate plenty of diners in different size groups. I love the mix and match of solid wooden furniture. Sometimes they've got tables of 20 and the chef is rushed off his feet but still our meals make it to the table within 20-25mins. The staff are friendly and it's good that they employ young staff to give them job skills. The food is to die for - Beef stroganoff, chicken burger, Volcano burger, Kilcoy open chicken sandwich, oh the list goes on. If I win Lotto I'm hiring Chef Joep all for myself.

1 Thank Deanna B
New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic out of the way restaurant”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have been to VolcaNo View twice now - first for a Christmas function in November 2012, and latterly for afternoon tea in January 2013. On both occasions we had fantastic service, amazing food and great views. On the first occasion I had the trio of fish - it was delicious, well cooked and very affordable. The second visit I had the apple and raisin pancake, which they went out of their way to make for me as I require dairy free food - my partner had the hawaiian and I understand it was delicious also!! I understand they had their challenges with making my pancake (and a very clean kitchen as a result) but I have never received that kind of service at a restaurant before!! We will definitely be back - in fact we are holding our wedding here later this year! We cannot wait, and will be back before then to enjoy the atmosphere and food once again.

• Visited January 2013
Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Volcano View awesome family restaurant”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Celebrated my partners 30th birthday here with about 30+ guests, everyone (from adults to children) all enjoyed themselves, enjoyed the hospitality and especially the food. I could not thank them enough the party was a huge success and catered for all ages. (Our party ranged from older to babys :) ) Joep and his team were awesome to work with in organising and hosting the birthday party, alot of the family had never been there before but are talking about going back again. We will definately be going there again as well. :)

Thank Myma-Michael My... T