“Beijing duck so nice”

Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Chinese Cuisine in the heart of New Plymouth. From delicious stir fried dishes to the traditional Peking duck, we hope you enjoy the relaxed dining experience. Large group bookings and functions are welcomed. Please come in and see us and we can also make a menu to cater functions. The Restaurant is also BYO (charges apply)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I heard they have Beijing Roast Duck.Yesterday I went to try a bit.I feel pretty good.I will come back

1  Thank kjasoning

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Myself and my husband and I had lunch at the restaurant today and we were not impressed. The waitress was one of the most unhelpful, unsmiling, sullen staff member we had ever had. She spent most of her time behind the counter either on the computer or texting. We had to get her attention to order and ask for drinks and condiments, which should of come with the meal. When we received our entree, i got mine and after about 5 mins she came to say there was a delay with my husbands entree and this eventually came out half way through dinner, which was very strange as there was only about 6 people in the restaurant. I had fried bbq pork rice, was fine bt no flavour bt generous serving size. My husband had garlic prawns which he said was good. When we went to pay, the waitress didnt even say one word to us, no please, no thank you or did u enjoy ur meal. She just printed out the receipt, gave it to us and took our money and didnt even say goodbye!! Honesty we were astounded at such rude service. Ok for the food, bt nothing special, and the worst service ever!!!!!

1  Thank jayjay1974
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We have come back every time we visit New Plymouth. (Every couple of months)
The food is delicious and you can see the chefs cooking your meals. Favourite dishes: spicy garlic prawns (entree) and traditional Peking duck / BBQ pork.
The deco sets a nice mood for dining. Service is great too.
However during a full house sometimes you need to wait a bit longer but we think it's worth the wait.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We tried to book in for this restaurant by phone but were told it was fully booked for the evening. We decided to try a walk up approach and sure enough we got a table! This restaurant is upstairs but is well worth the effort to climb the stairs. It is exotically decorated in red and black with an open kitchen where you can see the chefs at work cooking your meal. The salt and pepper prawns and sweet and sour pork were great although they did take a while to arrive our pork dumplings entrée filled the gap. It is BYO as well as offering a small selection of wines to buy on site.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were a group of 20+. The service was great and the fit out inside was also very good. But having worked in Asia for a number of years I thought the food was lousy. Maybe it's dumbed down for the locals (of which I used to be one ).

I wouldn't got back for the food, the price however was very reasonable. Maybe you get what you pay for.

1  Thank ZN9999