“Great value with character” 5 of 5 bubbles

Snug Lounge Bar
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great value with character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The japanese food was fresh and excellent. Staff were helpful and the tastes were great.Pays to book as very busy.

Visited July 2014

Christchurch
“Credit card taken away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were seated at a table and given a menu. We ordered a drink and looked at the menu. When the waitress returned she wanted payment for the drinks. I thought we would just go the the register and pay when we left but she said no you have to pay now up at the bar. I asked if it was a restaurant or not? She said they were a bar and needed my credit card. I reluctantly gave it to her and she took it away. I then thought twice of this and went up to the bar and asked for it back as everything about safety screams "don't let your credit card out of your sight" The bar staff didn't understand why I wanted it back, I explained the safety concerns I had and paid for our drinks and took my card back to my table. When a different waitress came to take our meal order she brought a portable eftpos machine with her so I could pay at the table!! If this had only been explained/offered at the start of the night we would have ordered much more than the starters we did and stayed to drink cocktails for the rest of the night. Unfortunately our experience here was now tainted and we went elsewhere to get a meal. A very confusing place to dine.

Visited December 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“All you can eat Teppanyaki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went to Snug Lounge for the ChowDown option which they have on Tuesday evenings. It offers all you can eat from their Japanese teppanyaki menu for $25. The food is delicious, the decor is very nice and was good value for the price. The menu includes options for mussels, chicken, eggplant, beef, tofu, prawns, squid, salmon and kumara, so they're not just offering the cheap stuff! Makes for a great meal.

• Visited March 2014
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“great place for a drink with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a great little bar in Central New Plymouth. When you order a drink they come with Dish of nibbles free of charge.
They also do amazing platters of seafood, vegetarian or meat as well as other meals. In the summer it's nice to sit outside in the courtyard area. Late at night it is a very busy bar from Thursday - Saturday.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great bar, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

An excellent new addition to the New Plymouth restaurant scene, Snug Lounge combines excellent Japanese cuisine with a great drinks list, funky styling and importantly - very attentive staff.

Visited December 2013