“Carrington Motel”
Review of Carrington Motel

Carrington Motel
Ranked #30 of 30 Hotels in New Plymouth
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This Motel was recommended to me and I was pleased that I took the advice. The room was spacious and would really suit families. It does need some updating but the price is great value. It is very well equipped having everything you need for short or long stays. There is ample room for gathering out the back where there is a barbecue and privacy as there is an area with a hill covered in bush. Unlike a lot of other places there is ample parking available The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The closeness to Pukerua Patrk is a real bonus. I ended up with an upstairs room and then found I had got the last availiable accomodation which showed the popularity of the place. The closeness to Pukekura Park is a real bonus.

Room Tip: If you have disabilities I suggest booking in to get a room downstairs although I had no trouble at...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Carrington Motel

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Large, spacious, very clean older style unit which is showing some wear. Well equipped. Beautiful outlook from the rear units to a bush clad hillside where we had the joy of watching the native Wood Pigeons and Tui's.
Only a short stroll to the city and Pukekura park which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yogibears4
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We were looking for accomodation near Pukekua Park. Very happy with the value for money room. The room was very clean and the bed comfortabe. Very friendly service and advice. Will visit
again when in New Plymouth again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrisdV2469ZY
Reviewed 20 December 2013

If you want somewhere that is clean to crash the night, I think this is a good find. Although the interior is dated the motel offers clean linen and a small all-in-one kitchen (stove top/grill/oven together) which I find useful for the two nights stay.

Room Tip: ours was a corner site which I believe was quieter than other rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JaneCApril
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We have just stayed here for two nights the beds were extremely comfortable with lovely white linen. The unit was very clean and tidy and quite with being off the road. The big plus it is pet friendly. I did love the gardens as well they were very well maintained. The laundry facilities were very much appreciated due to the storm we had and needed to dry our clothes .We would not hesitate going back to stay here again. It is very close to the city so lots of shops on hand and anything else you may need. Thank you for your kind friendly welcome and a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We looked out on the beautiful gardens.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My Wife & I stayed at The Carrington Motel a few years ago for 3 days & we were really impressed with The Motel. We were treated with great Repect by The Owners & nothing was a problem to Tony & his team. He connected our Laptop up to The Internet & gave us free useage while we stayed there. We had a very comforable bed & spacious Unit. I would be happy to stay here again. New Plymouth did us proud.

Room Tip: This motel is The Place to stay if looking for somewhere to stay in New Plymouth. Couldnt fault it...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I choose the Carrington motel because it was pet friendly and cheap. I think we paid $89 per night. Overall the place is old, tired and grubby. The chap that checked us in had a limited grasp of english so he wasn't able to help us with directions etc. The one bedroom suites were quite spacious with three single beds in the main studio area, a small table and a kitchenette. There was also a small bedroom with two more single beds. The bathroom was a cramped and dated. The shower was pathetic. The kitchen whilst well appointed was grubby and half the plates/cups we went to use were dirty.

There is a small grass garden at the back of the motel which was convenient for doggie toilet breaks. Pukakora park is a 5min walk away and there is also walk along the river just over the road from the hotel. This river walk takes you down into the main part of New Plymouth but thats a bit of a long walk. It was a 10ish minute drive by car into NP and the beach.

The place feels like an old hospital, with signs everywhere telling you to wash/clean obvious things. I would not stay again unless very low on funds.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple