“Satisfactory”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a wonderful meal for a special occasion to catch up with friends not seen for a very long time. Although we had finished our meal we chose to move to the lounge to continue catching up. The disappointment came when staff took out the vacuum cleaner and started to clean up around us.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Time was when Juliana's was one of the very few silver service establishments in town, located in what was really the best motel at the time. Overseas visitors invariably dined there more than once during their stay. Food still ranks among the best in town.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I had dinner here tonight for our anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was served promptly. Overall, the meals were okay - nothing amazing and the dessert was a let-down. I had the crispy skin duck and the meat was quite tough, the sweet potato mash was lovely but the duck let the whole dish down. We shared a dessert tasting platter and rather than being a tasting platter it was more like four servings of dessert, none of which was very tasty. I wouldn't discourage anyone from eating at Juliana's but I wouldn't recommend it to friends either. The service and atmosphere suggests a gourmet level that the food doesn't actually stand up to.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have lived in Taranaki all our lives but hadn't been to Julianas before. We went specifically for the early bird menu which is before 6pm. Great value, two courses for $35.50. Multiple choices for each course. My husband and I shared a starter and desert which the staff even suggested. My steak with onion rings, fries, salad, garlic butter and gravy was perfect. Highly recommend the tiramisu also. Excellent service. Appreciated the warm bread to start. Restaurant got busier as the evening progressed but still quiet with plenty of space between tables to allow for easy conversation. Separate bar area and pool table area.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Me n my mate had F.O.D, beef sirloin for tea n it was great..we ditched the restaurant where we stayed and came back again here again the day after to have roasted duck, F.O.D (again :) ) and they dint disappoint..it was fabulous .. will come again.. just one minor suggestion..more variety will be nice..