“Great Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This restaurant is small and decor very tired but food is very good and freshly cooked to order. I had a lovely risotto which was perfectly cooked, my husband had a pizza which was also very good. Restaurant does not look brilliant from outside in street but go in and the food is wonderful.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Maureen P

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the best !”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My partner had the good fortune to find El Condor while working in New Plymouth. It became a firm favourite and visited at least twice a week for the two months he was in New Plymouth. He couldn't praise the food and lovely staff (Paul and Cath) high enough. So when I had the opportunity of travelling to N.P. with him on a return visit it was the first restaurant he took me to. He was absolutely right........Friendly staff and super freshly cooked food...I couldn't find exactly what I wanted on the menu, Paul was kind enough to prepare a pasta dish especially for me, and it was delicious. Needless to say we went back 3 times in our 10 day stay.

Fabulous atmosphere, small and cozy great, food and lovely people who work very hard to make sure your time spent is memorable. Would rush back in a heartbeat, but sadly we are based in Singapore and there is nothing that comes even close here.

Thank you Paul and Cath for great times and great food. Such a pleasure, fondly remembered.

• Visited September 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Dead as a door nail!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Interesting reading other reviews because you wonder what happened on your night. We were the only patrons dining in. Food acceptable - good pizza and an outstanding ice cream sundae with Bailey's but oh the service. 2 staff - a woman on reception and a man cooking. The woman spent the more than 1/2 hour on her cell phone and left the man to cook, answer phone and take orders from customers wanting take aways. She was upstairs peering over the balustrade to seeing if he was attending to phone etc.
It would have been too bad if we wanted anything or if we were not happy with our food because no one was interested in us at all.

• Visited January 2014
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Get in early”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Small and often booked out. Nice food, pleasant service, limited menu but still nice, only two staff

Visited December 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“A credit to the owners”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I travelled to New Plymouth from Christchurch. While there I dined with my sister at El Condor. I can't praise the owners enough. The atmosphere:cosy, warm, inviting, VERY friendly, the second your'e inside the door, all your stresses simply disappear..so relaxing. The food: well the food was out of this world for the price you pay...well worth every dollar. I'd dearly love this establishment, with the hubby and wife team to be in Hornby...I'd be there every day. Congrats Catherine and Paul....PLEASE bring El Condor and yourselves to Hornby.

• Visited October 2013