“Not my favourite” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Taupo
Auckland
“Not my favourite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here in a work trip. From the out side the motel looks a bit seedy and once you get inside the light is pretty dark, very small and cramped. Luckily I did get an abundance of Wifi which I greatly appreciated.
Over all I though it was an average stay, I could hear my neighbors and the room smelt funny. I didn't feel very safe but that may just have been in my head.

I did have nice clean sheets and the tiny kitchenette had everything I needed. It was sufficient. Probably wont stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. The team at Courtney Motel aim to provide the best value Budget style motel accommodation without compromising the basics such as warm, clean and tidy units, a great bed and good bathrooms, with the convenience of either a full kitchen or a kitchenette all set in a garden style grounds. We aim to assist our guests in selecting the best accommodation option for their needs, so if you have specific requirements please make contact with us so we can recommend the best options for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at Courtney Motel for three nights last weekend - the room was very very comfortable, we enjoyed Our stay and Leoni was an awesome hostess - thankyou again Leoni,
we will be back - Regards Ross.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rareteam007
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Courtney Motel. Your reviews make a difference, they assist us to provide the best value Budget Motel Accommodation in Taupo. We hope to welcome you back to Taupo at some time in the future.
Hastings, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

we stopped in unexpectedly on the way home and asked if there was a room. I asked to see it first and was given the keys to room 19 and 21 of Courtney. They were both wonderful and we stayed in for the nite. The lady in reception Lynda was wonderful to us and this is what i remembered the most.She went out of her way.Internet was free. Milk was given (not uht milk like the other motels).Shower was wonderful.
Only comment is the hair in the shower hole.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank margaret b
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to provide your review. Your feedback assists us in continually improving our product and service. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. The Courtney Motel team strive to make your stay enjoyable at Taupo's best value Budget Motel, ideal for a overnight stay or a little longer. I have passed your feedback on to our housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some point in the future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We didn't find it anywhere near as bad as some of the reviews. We appreciated the close proximity to town, the room was a good size, the bed huge and importantly the room clean. The room was well priced for what it offered. If you want luxury pay more and enjoy. If you want a place to put your head on a pillow stay here. We only talked to one staff member during our two day stay and she was friendly and polite.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kjmnic S
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thanks for your review, we appreciate that you have taken your time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Courtney Motel. We strive to be the best value Budget Motel in Taupo and appreciate the feedback and guidance you have provided to Trip Advisor readers. We hope to welcome you back to Taupo at some time in the future.
Whakapapa, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Booked a room here as a stop over on the way home from Auckland Airport and called to book a late arrival, lovely woman at desk left key for us to find and the heater on which was great as we arrived just after midnight. We found the room to be very spacious and clean, bed was very comfy and the fresh milk was the icing on the cake. Thank you Courtney Motel for a very pleasant stay. We will definitely be back. :-)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sonz091285
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Courtney Motel, we very much appreciate your feedback and comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some point in the future.
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I must say I was put off staying in this motel when I read previous trip advisor reviews, however I decided to keep an open mind and try it for myself as it was very reasonably priced and well located. I'm glad I did as I was very pleasantly surprised. It sounds as though all rooms may not be fully updated yet but the room I had was modern and tastefully decorated. The kitchenette was well equipped, bathroom was large with a big spa bath and lot's of hot water, lovely comfortable bed and all very clean. I consider myself fairly fussy about motel rooms but the only negatives I could say was a bit of damage to the ceiling above the shower and in one place on the edge of the carpet. The drive in entrance and car parking are a little bit tight but nothing to worry about and management happily allowed me to leave my car parked there after I checked out, while I walked into town. I found all the staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful. As a woman travelling alone I was looking for somewhere walking distance to town where I felt safe, and I felt completely safe here. I think if you bear in mind this is a good value for money, budget motel you will find it absolutely fine. I would particularly recommend it for a night stop over, budget business or Taupo short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Courtney Motel. Like the vast majority of our very happy guests I am pleased we were able to meet all your expectations of what a great value 3 star budget property should be. A well priced clean and friendly, safe and comfortable home away from home when travelling on your own or in a Group or Family. Courtney Motel prides itself on being the best value 3 star property within an easy walk of the town centre and close to the lake front. The Courtney Motel Team are happy to receive all guest feedback, as this provides a good basis for constant improvement, but we are even more happy when we get positive feedback that suggests we are meeting or exceeding our guests expectations, thanks for your time and we hope to welcome you back at some stage in the future.
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

In NZ for 10 days and regrettably, 4 of these were spent here. Taupo a lovely place but this motel has more than seen its day. Old, worn out and tired. Carpets putrid. Hubby NEVER wears shoes inside but insisted the entire stay to wear thongs (flip flops) whilst inside. Shower revolting, requiring me to wear thongs also. Family room (2 adult kids with us) and inadequate lounge seating...for 3...so, last one in got to sit on a kitchen chair for the evening!
Lights blown in every room BEFORE we took occupancy. Crockery & cutlery thrown together and no full sets of anything. Came home late evening to find room had been serviced but no one had bothered to restock toilet paper supplies and the night manager (when he eventually arrived) was rude and aggressive. We didn't bother to try the spa given the state of the bathroom in the room ugggh!
Don't waste your money on this place there are plenty of LOVELY places in Taupo to pick from.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wazsim
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have noted your concerns with regards to the supply of your bathroom consumables and have revised our housekeeping checks to ensure an adequate supply is available to guests at all times. Courtney Motel is a 3 star property where we aim to provide the best value budget accommodation in Taupo. I do apologies that on this occasion we have not met your expectations but can assure your all our carpets are steam cleaned on a regular basis.

Travellers are raving about these Taupo hotels