“Great place to stay”
Review of Acacia Bay Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taupo
Acacia Bay Lodge
Ranked #31 of 41 Taupo B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing views and friendly owner. Breakfast was great and the rooms are comfy. Two lovely cats and a dog at the residence, so be mindful if you have allergies. Very peaceful stay and we Would definitely return. Thank you Deb...........

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanjeeva07

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UK
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights with Deb and found the whole experience to be excellent. We had a double room with a separate private bathroom, both of which were spotlessly clean and well appointed. The room led directly onto the verandah, which is where we were able to have our breakfast both mornings in glorious sunshine with a view to Lake Taupo and the mountain beyond. Deb was a brilliant host helping with our holiday plans which had to be changed, and offering advice to amend our itinerary. The local restaurant/bar, in easy walking distance, served very good food. We would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone staying in the area. Baxter the miniature schnauzer is a bonus.

Room Tip: All rooms are equivalent
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this wonderful B&B which is just outside Taupo in Acacia Bay. It has a wonderful view of the lake and the flowers and grounds only add to the experience. Deb was a great host and supplied us with a super breakfast in the mornings. Good recommendations for dinner, the pub at the bottom of the hill was only 5 minutes away and was super. Thanks for making this a great stop in our New Zealand tour Deb!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
temoenga, Owner at Acacia Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you Sue for your comments - a pleasure to have you both and I hope to see you again some day
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 14 September 2013

One of the best B&B's we've ever stayed at. Room was great with a stunning view. Deb is an amazing host and is so friendly and makes you feel like you are part of the family. She gave us great places to visit in the area that made our trip really special. If you are staying in Taupo this is the place to stay! Have already mentioned to friends who will be traveling to New Zealand in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed about six days with Deb, and it was more akin to visiting friends than staying at a B&B. The room, the views, the overall size of the property, and her dog Baxter were sensational and only matched by Deb's charm and sense of humour.

I could not recommend this place more, it was a fantastic experience and such a change from lonely and sanitised hotel rooms.

I will be back and this would be my first pick to stay - no need to look elsewhere.

I also note just now one negative review out of many, and note that the woman did not stay at Acacia Lodge. It sounds like she made the booking mistake and is a bit deranged!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ManlyManSydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Deb, the owner, was very gracious and "over the top" during a recent stay in Taupo for a golf holiday! I stayed here before and I will stay here again since in my opinion it's the best available especially since the Wairakei and Kinloch GC are closeby. By the way, Deb has a 14 handicap so is very informed of the local golf opportunities. The breakfasts were great and plentiful! Modern and spacious room and bathroom.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool here but ask for the Terrace Room and have breakfast on the Terrace with a...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank R C
auckland
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I wish to review not the facilities of this establisheMent but the ethical actions of the operator Deb. she took a cancellation for a booking that was not at her establishMent not once but 3 tiMes and never bothered to Mention that i was contacting the wrong lodge. the naMes were siMilar..acacia bay lodge and acacia bay lakefront both a B and B. as such the booking at the correct establishMent but left in place and i was contacted by their operators on the day of arrival to see why i had not turned up. when i called Deb her response to Me was ..how is this My probleM.???
so you Make your decisions as to whether or not this is the kind of person you want to deal with and give your business to. she also told Me that " Taupo was better off without people like Me or My kind" when i said i thought she was incoMpetent for having done what she did., but i think it was deliberate.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank diiya P
temoenga, Owner at Acacia Bay Lodge, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
This comment upsets me as this woman was extremely rude and abusive over the phone. She did not have a booking at my lodge however when she called to cancel thinking this was her accommodation, I genuinely mistook her cancellation for one of my clients who also cancelled at the same time (an honest mistake on my behalf). There was no need for her abusive phone calls as she did not give me a chance to explain what had obviously happened. I run a family B&B and enjoy having friendly people staying with me. I hope by reading all the other reviews you will have a realistic idea of my accommodation and how I enjoy interacting with my guests.