“An awesome experience!”

Tandem Skydive in Taupo from 12,000 Feet
Ranked #4 of 43 Tours in Taupo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With our expert tandem skydive instructors; you’ll jump out of our aircraft from up to 15,000ft and into an incredible free-fall over the worlds most stunning drop zone, surrounded by snow tipped peaks and the clean, fresh blue of lake Taupo, you’ll slow from a 200KM/H descent to a safe, controlled canopy landing. Sure to be one of the most memorable experiences of your life, you have the option to upgrade to have your skydive filmed, so you can share the experience with your friends and family! If you're looking for the ultimate heart-pounding thrill ride, you definitely need to book this amazing Skydive Taupo experience! From our unique pink plane to our FREE limo pick-up with in Taupo, we guarantee you... 'The experience of a lifetime'
Auckland, New Zealand
“An awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Skydive Taupo is amazing!!! I got a free picking up from Rotorua. I was supposed to jump in the morning but the weather was not really good, so they dropped me off with limo to hostel. And finally, the sky turned to blue in the afternoon! We had a really nice jump!
The pink plane is sooooo nice. The staffs are really nice. I was a bit nervous at the beginning but I could feel they taking care of me! Love it!!!Skydive!!!

Visited December 2013
FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Hi there

Thanks for your review. The weather can be a little frustrating so am really pleased you stuck it out and got to jump! It really is worth the wait!

• Polish first
The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We got a free pickup from rotorua, which saves you a an hour driving yourself. Although you're the next in a row, everything looks professional and works like a well running machine. Instructors are pros and make you feel safe.

After all: amazing experience!!

Tip: Look around for discount vouchers on extras, we got a good deal on t-shirts!

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your review! Our Rotorua service is becoming increasingly popular - which is great! So glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Maybe see you again sometime

Halifax, Canada
“What a rush!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Oh my Gosh! Where to start.. Amazing experience!
We got picked up in a limo, all totally buzzing with nerves and excitement. Watched some videos of the packages they offer, me and my friends got the camera man one. We had to wait about 40mins due to high winds but we had a dance around to the songs and wrote stuff on our hands. The staff were awesome, one of the camera guys took pics of us all in our jumpsuits and by the plane.. its bright pink and so cool.
The flight itself was pretty and my tandem master made me feel so relaxed, leaving the plane was absolutely terrifying!! But by far the most amazing thing i have ever done.. its impossible to describe how stunning the view is and how cool the cameramen are, he was flying all around me and going upside down, so crazy! I was shaking so much after i landed, it's that buzzy. I would defo recommended this to anyone

Visited August 2013
FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi there

Many thanks for your review. The wind can be a little frustrating but so glad you waited and managed to complete your skydive!

The cameraman is a cool option and seeing someone fly around you is quite amazing. Maybe we will see you again sometime?

Thanks

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You jump out of a pink airplane!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

When you're up in the sky, willingly jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, you don't really notice the color that much. Still, it's good for the pictures. Awesome experience, very professional, and I would definitely do it again with them. And they take you back in a limo! And you get a free t-shirt! (Or you bought an expensive t-shirt and they gave you a free skydive, whichever one you think is better).

Visited September 2013
Queenstown, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I did my first tandem skydive at Skydive Taupo and I don't think it will be my last! Arrived at the drop zone in style after being picked up in a limo. I went for the 15,000ft jump only, no photos or DVD, but both the handy cam and cameraman DVDs I watched looked really well put together.

The ground staff were all really friendly. We ended up having to wait around for a couple of hours due to high wind gusts, but the staff kept us updated and even put a film on for us to watch whilst we waited. It was definitely worth the wait though as we got to jump just as the sun was setting.

The whole experience from getting on the little pink plane until landing back on solid ground was surreal but amazing. My tandem master, Chris, was great and I felt completely safe at all times. The views from the plane were stunning enough, but looking out over Taupo and beyond when you're falling from the sky is out of this world.

Visited September 2013
FreefallSkydive, Manager at Skydive Taupo, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Many thanks for your review! Im so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. The weather can be very frustrating, especially the wind, but as you know it is well worth the wait! Sunset jumps truly are magical. Maybe see you again sometime?

Skydive Taupo Team