“Hell would freeze over before I stay there again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Family Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taupo
Family Motel
Ranked #60 of 69 Hotels in Taupo
“Hell would freeze over before I stay there again!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I will never stay at this hotel ever again! I had booked x2 cabin rooms for 4 people. I'm a travel agent so I know all too well what I get myself into when I book cheap accommodation. However this hotel takes cheap to another level! It all started from when I checked in, when I told him my name and what I had booked, he asked me what dates I had booked and what sort of accommodation? Said I would be lucky if I got those rooms. When he showed me the rooms, we had one room which was correct and another room he tired to downgrade us, when I told him that we would be moving to the room next door, which was the correct one. He told me that I could not do that, in which I told him that I had in fact booked x2 cabin rooms for 4 people. He just then gave me the key, he looked like he wanted to shoot me! We sat outside talking later on in the night, we were not loud at all, he came over and told us off! He asked if we could keep it down. Which was fine and understandable, we kept quite,whispering to one another. For the next half hour he stood there watching us, Then at 11.25 the man decides to ring my cell phone to tell me he was tired and wanted to go to bed. I'm sorry but the noise that we made was nothing compares to the party with music that was happening at the other cabins!!! Who in their right minds ring someone who is sitting 5 steps away.

The rooms are really quite sick, marks all over the walls, sheets need a clean, New duvets for the beds. All I saw on the beds was hair and stains. The shower and toliets looked like you will come out of there dirtier than when you went in!

Anyone that has booked to stay there, you need to cancel and find another accommodation. I will never ever stay at this dump again!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Samanthassp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Had to travel through Taupo to Wellington. Didn't need a fancy place, Just clean and quiet. We found the waterfront motels all upmarket, and expensive, and a fair bit of traffic noise can be heard at times. Our family had a good rest, before hitting the road South. The motel is not the best in town, but who cares if it is cheap and quiet? We had to leave early in the morning, and never had the chance to say good bye to the manager. This to the nice man in the office: Thanks and good luck! See you again some time!

Room Tip: Pick the back ones, away from the street!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Gisborne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My family and i stayed at Camellia Court Motel in Taupo over the school holidays. We didnt want to spend all our holiday money on accomodation so we decided to go with a budget motel. The staff were very friendy and the motel room nice. It was a little old but we knew that from the beginning. There was a great play area for my children to play at, we hardy saw them. Motel reccomended for bigger families with children and we would return there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Wanganui
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Camellia Court was ok, you definitely get what you pay for. The Cabins are very run down and tired looking. The Hosts were helpful enough. The place is marketed very well but money could be well spent to upgrade the place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
North Shore City, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Clean and tidy rooms at a reasonable price to meet our budget requirements. We have been coming to the Camelia Court for several years now and have always found the management friendly and excellent to deal with. We will continue to come back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barry E
Tauranga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

Nice to stay here, good for a rest. We are from Philppines and had a good stay. Help from staff good, and nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cristoben
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

Nice and quiet motel on a back street.Very afordable ,Icertianly got what I paid for ,definitly will be back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business