“Do it!”

Taupo Quad Adventures
Ranked #19 of 47 Tours in Taupo
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for something different! .... Then come out for an awesome Quad Bike Tour with Taupo Quad Adventures! An Adventure Activity that you can all be involved in. Family owned & operated for over 20 years - our experience is your greatest asset! Experience the Taupo Volcanic Region as never before on an unforgettable, off road Quad Bike Adventure. Our rides are all through scenic fern clad native bush and are over all terrain trails specifically build for quad riding. All trails have amazing scenery with breathtaking views. Trails to suit all abilities from the experienced to the novice rider - everyone's catered for! No license / experience necessary to ride our 250cc Suzuki Quads. Ride durations - 1, 2 or 3 hours - you choose your adventure! We cater for ages 10 years and over. Open all year and in all weather! Wet weather gear & boots available for hire if required. Let us share our love of quad biking with you, book a ride at Taupo Quads today!
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My girlfriend and I headed out to do a 2-hour quad adventure yesterday, and we're so glad we did. Pretty nervous at the start, but our guide, Greg, is a real pro. One of us had never ridden any kind of motorcycle before, and he paced the ride really well, starting on flat ground before heading up to the trails. Their method is excellent - while our guide stopped often enough that it was clear that he's be around to help us as soon as we might need it, we were more or less left to follow along the trail at our own pace. We heard some excellent stories over tea at the summit before heading back down. Our nervous smiles became excited grins by the end, and no matter how long you go for, I get the sense that it's never going to be enough! Our guide told us that they always try and split the parents from the kids in family groups, so that should be some encouragement - let the kids go off on their own, and meander along at your own pace!

The bikes were in good condition, and seemed well-suited to the variety of skill and confidence levels. The trails were extensive and looked like they could be as challenging as you want them to be (or as easy!), and the guiding was hands-off, and fantastic - this certainly isn't a 'follow the leader'-type tour. We also had wet-weather gear provided, which was very necessary.

You've just got to do this - it's unmissable. We had a blast, and will be back.

3  Thank Josh M

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Taupo Quad Adventures on 1/6/2014. We had a great guided tour from the owner. We saw some great view of taupo and the mountains. There customer service was spot on, they were so helpful (especially when I feel off my bike). Well worth a visit and a bit of adventure!

1  Thank Superd0lphin
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I, went out with guide Greg and we had an awesome time, native bush, look outs, mud, cup of tea and biscuits, Greg you were fantastic, pretty much left us to ride on our own around the tracks, seriously awesome 2 hours of pure fun, loved it, friendly, professional and funny, we highly recommend Taupo Quad Adventures, we will be back wahoo.

1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Taupo at Easter and decided to book this Quad Bike Adventure.

We were booked to do the twilight adventure but due to the weather we decided to do the day trip instead. The guys were very accommodating and happy for us to change.

John and the team were very professional and extremely friendly. He's got some great stories and is such a nice guy!

Everything was provided for us. Gumboots, wet weather gear, helmet, which really helped me because I had none of these things with me.

The track was amazing. Deep into the bush and it almost felt like you had the place to yourself. I've only been on a quad bike one other time but I felt completely safe and comfortable with the track. The boys enjoyed going as fast as they could, but it's really up to you how fast you go.

Had a lovely stop for tea/coffee etc and a chat which was nice to break the 2 hour trip up a bit.

Highly recommend doing this and will definitely go back again and try to twilight track.

Thanks so much for such a great time!! =)

1  Thank SN777
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I adventured here on 5/4/2014 and were lucky to score a trip with just us 4 and 2 guides, Jo and John. The four of us have all been quad biking several times, but agreed this trip was different from the others - you really do get to ride at your own pace and doing the 2 hour trip, we barely encountered each other! This was particularly great for my nephew and I who like to hoon a bit. And the parents who like to 'plod' along and enjoy the scenery. The paths are safe, nothing too challenging, the only way it can go wrong is if the rider is riding beyond their capability! Yes there are some overhanging ferns, but they're fine if you slow your speed to pass them - they add to the adventure, I thought it was funny being whacked lightly in the face a couple times! We went a bit later in the afternoon, and recommend having a singlet or light jacket as it was cool riding through the forest trails. The light refreshments and chat at halfway were a lovely, homely thought and really make this trip personal especially with the family run business. These guys are just genuinely lovely and love what they do. Will be back to do they're 2 day challenge course (see in store for pics and info)! All in all, pricewise is a reasonable family cost, and this is a safe but fun activity, with well maintained tracks and quads :) even the experienced quad rider will enjoy, with the opportunity to ride at high gears often for a bit of an adrenalin buzz!

1  Thank Sunisa S