“Amazing Meal”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited Bistro Lago Queens Birthday weekend. Food was amazing and service was excellent! Matches anything I have had in Auckland. A little pricey but well worth the experience. Beautiful location especially in summer.

2  Thank Sue C
Guido P, Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Sue C,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor and that you enjoyed your recent dining experience with us.

I will shared your review with the team.

Again, thank you for the feedback and looking forward in welcoming you back soon

There are newer reviews for Bistro Lago

Reviewed 5 June 2014

If you do not take seriously about the value, it is a good place to have a dinner with your girlfriend or fiancé. If you want a place that worths almost every dollar you pay, not necessary to be a budget one, avoid this place.

1  Thank Thaiflyingdoctor
Guido P, Manager at Bistro Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Thaiflyingdoctor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry we fell short of your expectation during your visit.

In order for me to understand what went wrong during your meal and be able to fix the problems, could you please be in touch with me on guido.paseri@hilton.com and let me know if the issues you had were service or food.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a table of 6 Adults on Saturday night and all enjoyed our meal at Bistro Lago! Lovely food and service! Highly recommended! Try the pork belly for Entree and Fish and Chips with a twist for main!

Dear Clodaghbarnett,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Here at Bistro Lago we all work hard to ensure our guests leave us with great memories.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Very attentive staff endured that.all needs met. W had a three course meal and every element was perfect. Atmosphere was very comfortable although noisy. Meals and drinks arrived promptly. Recommend.

Dear Steve P,

I have shared your review with the team.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bistro Lago is the in-house restaurant at the Hilton Lake Taupo.

The restaurant is quite small but has a lovely atmosphere and outlook towards the lake. It also has internal fireplaces if you prefer a cosy nook in which to enjoy your dinner.

The staff, especially Michael, are excellent and are professional but still have a touch of Kiwi about them. This is a Simon Gault (Famous NZ Chef) restaurant and has all of the same high standards one would expect when dining at one of his Auckland restaurants.

The menu is small but very well considered. This is not cheap dining (our meal was $200 for a couple with 2 drinks each) but it is well worth it. My partner and I ordered Entrees, mains and shared a desert and all courses were excellent

I think this is well worth the time and expense if in Taupo and looking for a great place to have a special celebration dinner or romantic meal for 2.

Well done Simon.

Dear justine555,

I have passed your fee back to Michael and all the rest of the team.