“Beautiful dinner!”
Review of Beach Brasserie

Beach Brasserie
Ranked #81 of 139 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Reservations
Description: ALL DAY DINING - Fabulous lake edge location with views of lake mountains and town. Menu features export quality fresh NZ produce with a popular grill section and make your own salad. Casual relaxed ambience from the bar into the restaurant, this is a long time favourite with something to please all tastes including special childrens menu.Open breakfast lunch dinner and in between coffee and teas.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Beautiful dinner!”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We celebrated my husband birthday here for dinner. The staff were friendly and knowledgable, the food was beautiful, especially the Clevedon oysters - cooked to perfection.
It would have been wonderful to have some outside lighting so you could see onto the lake!

• Visited August 2012

Auckland, New Zealand
“Great food and views”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Food great but service was a bit slow. I don't think the staf were expecting guests mid week.

Visited July 2012
Taupo, New Zealand
“Never again!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am a local & visited this Brasserie today at 12 noon. Couldn't get into restaurant as 'had a very busy breakfast session and therefore its not ready yet'. (Not surprising as a staff member was sitting in there eating!) So we (myself and 2 visitors) ordered coffees and were shown into the lounge area. The standard of cleanliness was absolutely DISGUSTING!! Obviously NOTHING in the room had been cleaned from the previous evening (it sure was too gross to have just happened this morning)! All side tables were filthy dirty, and carpet looked like (as my guest said) that it was reminiscent of a haybarn floor. We had booked in for lunch but I was SO appalled, we left & went to Cafe Largo at the Hilton instead. You should be ASHAMED of yourselves Millenium!! You KNOW Taupo is busy during school holidays and should plan accordingly - as obviously the Hilton had done! I entertain a lot but never again will I take clients and/or friends to this establishment! And for God's sake, train your staff to an acceptable level - again it was dreadful - eg: they should know how to use an EFTPOS machine, and customers do NOT appreciate being called 'Bub' etc.

• Visited July 2012
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Beach Brasserie, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
Dear Elle M - although your review is far form what I like to hear, I do appreciate being informed to ensure our ongoing services are met with guest satisfaction. You are right we would be very ashamed if our track record was consistent of your terrible experience and I can honestly say I have never heard or read such before. There is no excuse for the hotel not being acceptable for trade in the morning, as we do have staff responsible for these duties working through the night. I will admit that whatever led up to this time we should still have been ready for your booking and i am sincerely sorry that we let you down.
To justify a little I would like the opportunity to explain that we had 140 wedding guests as well as 80 diners on the Sat night before and 80 people for breakfast that morning, so it was extremely busy for the staff on duty. The staff member sitting at the table had been working since 6 am - still it is unheard of to be eating at this time though as well as not acceptable. The 'BUB ' referral has been addressed to prevent possible insult, however, I can assure you this is the last person to mean any harm and cares very much for guests and other staff members.
Yes, none of these things should affect you or any other lunch guests on this day I admit and I would now like to be given the chance to gain your confidence in our services for the future.
As you are local I invite you to call in to meet with me as I would be very happy to show you around the hotel as it is 99 % of the time. Kind regards Diane
Brisbane Region, Australia
“great fish and chips”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We had a lght evening meal - fish and chips. Well cooked. Service was attentive and responsive. Thank you.

Visited November 2011