“A little spot of class in Taupo, ideal for the busess traveller”
Review of Bond Lounge Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bond Lounge Bar
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I travel to Taupo regularly for work and have always found the bars and restaurants cater more to the backpacker crowd than a business traveller. Finding somewhere quiet with good food and wine has always been a challenge.

So I was really pleased to have stumbled upon the Bond Lounge Bar on my last trip. I was looking for somewhere to have a quiet drink and catch up on some e-mails rather than sitting in my hotel room. There's a nice grown up vibe here with helpful, friendly but unobtrusive service.

I ended up staying on for a glass of wine and a cheese platter that was more than sufficient for me to count as dinner. Unfortunately I had to drive back to my room so I couldn't afford to sample from a good range of malt whiskeys on offer.

Excellent option if you want to grab a drink and not have too shout above the din or raucous young things and loud music.