“Couldn't have asked for better” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Loft
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Taupo
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have asked for better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

It has took me a while but I am finally getting around to reviewing my accommodation from my holiday 6 months ago!

I arrived about 8pm and was greeted by John who was very helpful and even offered to carry my suitcase up the stairs, what a gent! I had booked the Dickens room and was more than happy with the size of it, I had spent a lot of my holiday driving so it was really nice to have such a large comfy bed with millions of cushions, it was super cozy. John even made me feel better about the speeding ticket I had just been issued ( which I did appeal and was unsuccessful!) the room was very nicely decorated and clean throughout. My only issue was finding a spare plug socket to charge my tablet so that it would reach the bed but this for me was no big deal.

John and Jane recommended a place to eat just a short walk from the BnB so I took there advice and had dinner there.

The ensure was a good size with a walk in shower and all the amenities needed if you had forgotten to bring your own.

Breakfast the next day was served in the kitchen diner and consisted of fruit, toast and a very nice cooked breakfast curtesy of Jane, and some freshly squeezed apple juice made from apples from the back garden. Jane sat and chatted with me for a bit and recommended a few activities on the way to my next destination which was Roturua, it was a shame I wasn't staying longer as during the booking process Jane had suggested a few day excursions including lake fishing and wild pig hunting but alas my budget and time frame prevented me from taking advantage of either.

All in all I found the Loft to be excellent value for money and even though it was just outside of the main Taupo town area in Acacia Bay I found this to be better as it was very peaceful and less touristy.

I would also point out that they have a wonderful little dog who I think is called Timmy who was very well behaved and super cute but just to be aware of this if you are not a dog person!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deb R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sherborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

we stayed in the shakespeare room in february. the room is large and comfortable with easy chairs and a table. the tea/coffee making is on the landing which whilst not a problem does mean that for the morning cuppa you need to properly attired and not rattle the cups too much.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

A charming couple welcomed more poms to their B and B and looked after us so well.....Even lending us rainmacks and an umbrella for the wet concert we attended. Breakfast was delicious and ample and the room very comfortable.

Recommended in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Traffic noise can be an issue unless you are at the back
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

What more could we want! Clean, spacious room and bathroom, comfy bed, nice restaurant within walking distance, peaceful area away from bustle of the town, great breakfast. Made perfect by friendly and helpful hosts Jane and John.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Wanted to say what a find this was on our 3 week NZ vacation. We felt blessed to have been able to stay here out of the hustle and bustle of the main hub in Taupo. We were here New Years and the area was crazy busy. We had not planned ahead and booked a place, and once we saw how nuts it was wanted something out of the way, and fortunately we got the last room they had here.

Room was very clean and comfy. Breakfast was great with fresh berries, yogurt, eggs,toast, etc. All very nice! The hosts were great in meeting our needs, and their gardens/grounds were a wonderful sight to see. We walked to the Bay restaurant down the street for our evening meal and it was a spot on recommendation on top of a great stay. I should mention that a bonus is always free wifi these days, which they have.

Room Tip: may wish to ask for any of their rooms facing the back of their home if avail.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Jane and John not only collected us from the airport after 8pm, but also took us back the next day to collect the rental car!
This bed and breakfast is in Acacia Bay, not in Taupo's main area, but there's a lovely restaurant just down the road a little within walking distance.
Cafe L'Arte (needs a car but not far) with its mosaics has interesting linch cabinet food too
Well planned room, and lovely breakfast, and caring host.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We've stayed only one night at The Loft but it was a lovely experience. The owner, Jane, is a nice and smiling lady who welcomed us at night. The room was big and very cozy, with a comfy bed, lots of pillows, TV, heater, good bathroom with good shower. Also, the breakfast was great, tasty, in a common table where you can talk with other guests. We liked it very much and if you want a cozy and charming BB to stay in Taupo, we recommend it! Just be aware that you'll need a car to go to the city, it's about 10 min max ride.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple