“Poor service”

Voyager Apartments Taupo
Ranked #41 of 69 Hotels in Taupo
“Poor service”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Nice big room but light wasnt working in the hallway to the basement and the heaters were so noisy I asked for a room change. Reception said that wasnt possible so complained again. Finally got shifted but heater in new room was just as noisy so ai had to sleep ina terrible signle bed downstairs

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Quest Taupo values all feedback received from Guests as this provides us direction on how we can continue to provide the best accommodation to meet our Guests needs. To this end I apologise for the slip in our otherwise high standards. We have replaced the blown light bulb in the light fitting you had identified and our systems have been reviewed to ensure that a oversight such as this is avoided in the future. We have also provided additional plug in heaters in all apartments as an alternative to the built in heating systems, to enable guests to use these alternative forms of heating should they wish.. We look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some point in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Auckland
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I had booked into their sister property Courntey Motel next door. They had turned on the heater so it was nice and toasty to arrive but, the room wasn't appropriate for what we needed. I called to ask if there was another room and front desk said no. Then 5 minutes later I got a call back asking exactly what wasn't right and what we needed and she moved us to Quest - at an additional cost but a very acceptable additional cost considered the upgrade.

Besides the great location, the rooms are generously sized has all the special bits for a self contained, clean and again, that super friendly service. I watched as they not only took special care of our needs but other guests all checking in at 5pm on a Friday night.

Their rooms are great but we won't be staying any place else in Taupo iin the future because of the care shown by the managers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Always0naplane
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide you review, your feedback is extremely important to us. I am thrilled we were able to make your stay in Taupo enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Taupo in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Located minutes from the lake and about 8-10 min walk to the city centre it is conveniently located. However over the 4 days we stayed the apartment was not cleaned, towels that were clearly wet or needed changing were hung back on the rail. Finger nail clippings and lolly wrappers (from past guests) were found behind the sofa by my one year old niece. We did get some mixed service from reception, the south African lady was super friendly and helpful whilst the other lady was not and the worse thing is she made us feel terrible asking to change towels. There is a large rock placed as you come out of the car park which is placed there so drivers
don't drive on the grass, beware of this you cannot see this rock and you may damage your car, when we offered suggestions to put up something less descrutive instead the not so friendly
receptionist did the utmost to be so defensive that no one else had done this ( though we checked the next day and there was tyre skid marks all around the rock and mud around it) what was strange is that they place that rock there so they don't want cars driving on it the receptionist who was so rude parked her car on the grass herself.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank chrissielw
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass your feedback, we do appreciate your time is valuable. I have looked into the issues that lead to the slip in our high housekeeping standards during your stay and have implemented a change to our quality contol, to avoid such occurances in the future. I do apologise for this oversight. With regards to the rock you have mentioned, this is located on the City Council owned Grass road berm, and has been placed there by the council to prevent vehicles from driving onto the grass. We have raised your concerns with the Council. I do hope we can welcome you back to Quest Taupo in the future to demonstrate the improvements undertaken. All the best.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We were originally booked into the Courtney hotel which I believed is managed by quest but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom quest apartment. The apartment was lovely and spacious with the twin bedroom, bathroom,lounge and kitchen downstairs and the main bedroom and ensuite upstairs. The ensuite had a spa bath,toilet and basin but no shower which was a bit odd, but nevertheless a very nice apartment. We were fairly close to some really nice restaurants. The staff were absolutely lovely and booked us onto the huka falls tour when we arrived, which was great.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank austrip
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Thanks for taking the time to place a review Quest Taupo. We know that you holiday time is important to you and taking time to provide a review assists us to provide our furture guests with the best possble holiday experience. The gteam at Quest Taupo would love to welcome you back in the future. Enjoy your travels.
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Clean, well equipped. Much better than a hotel room! Only a short walk to the town, very happy and will be sure to stay again!
If possible request a room/apartment that has a lake view, that will really make for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review Quest Taupo. Your feedback is much appreciated. Our aim at Quest Taupo is to provide spacious, fully self contained serviced apartments for much to same price a a standard Hotel room. I'm pleased you enjoyed your extended stay with us here on the Great Lake. Having so much to do here in Taupo, its worth staying a while. The Quest Taupo team look forward to welcoming you back. All the best.
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Now this is what I call a good motel. Rooms were very spacious, there were two bathrooms in the unit both of which were excellent and the kitchen was very well equipped, with a dishwasher, fridge and a washing machine.
The parking slot was right outside the unit and
One of the rooms had a jacuzzi!!
The swimming pool was miniscule but well heated. The management was just delightful, always being ready to help. The sheets were immaculate and they got the lighting just right.
The ventilation was perfect and the towels were plenty.
The only aspect of the stay that I would criticise would be the exorbitant wifi prices, my justification being that if you run such an expensive place, wifi could very well be cheaper if not free.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Tarun C
traveller19701, Owner at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review Quest Taupo. Thanks for your feedback, as we value your opinions. I am pleased my team were able to be of service to you and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again at some point in the future. I will look into the points you have raised and once again thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

On the face of it the hotel and room looked promising, nice actually. No problems checking in, upon entering the room I found it to be spacious and well equipped for a single or couple. There was a twin share room downstairs and upstairs a comfortable super king in a good size mezzanine type room. I think it would have been too cramped for a family for any more than one or two nights. The evening I stayed the temperatures got down to zero, and it was single digits when we arrived at about 4.30pm. Seeing a heat pump in the room I thought I'd be able to get the room heated fairly quickly, the signs warn against fiddling excessively with the remote buttons only the on/off button and temperature regulator. With a note advising not taking the temperature over 25 degrees, I did as instructed, adjusted the temperature to 25 and was greeted with silence. A bit peeved I darted upstairs to turn the wall heater on high and that's where it stayed until I got into bed. Thankfully the bed had an electric blanket, which also went on early. I made up my mind to do most of my living upstairs where I could heat the space. When I realised the bathroom upstairs only had a spa bath, meaning I had to go to the cold downstairs bathroom to use the shower I was a bit grumpy. I hate being cold indoors and New Zealand hotels in general are quite well set up for our cold winters.
Overall, for one night, it was ok, I've already said the bed was big and comfortable (I like firmer beds which this one was), I found the extra blanket in the wardrobe and used that, tv upstairs easy to use, upstairs heater did a great job as did the electric blanket, the bathroom amenities were fine (except a soap upstairs as well, would have been helpful). I am a tea drinker I found the kitchen was well stocked with tea, coffee etc. The two biscuits and chocolates where a nice touch. My favourite part was the location, just back from the main road and so it was quiet. I have stayed in accommodation on the main road and it can be quite noisy.
If I was travelling with my husband for a weekend break or holiday, I would have to look at other options.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Tui9, Manager at Voyager Apartments Taupo, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay at Quest Taupo. We have taken your comments into account and have taken appropriate action. Thank you.