The Lake Motel
US$109
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$136
  • Pool
US$168
US$155
Agoda.com
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$132
Agoda.com
Sails On The Lake(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$117
US$151
US$118
Hotels.com
Le Chalet Suisse Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$93
Agoda.com
Prince Motor Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$103
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
All reviewsretro styledoor accessseparate bedroomnew zealandquiet streetlovely ownersplunger coffeespent one nightminute walkthe room was niceenjoyed our staystayed for two nightslocation is greattongariro crossinggreat place to stayhuka fallscomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed at the Lake Motel for 2 nights whilst attending a friend's wedding. I chose this motel based on the reviews I had read and I am delighted to say it was even better than I expected. Helen, the owner was wonderful. She is quite simply a fantastic hostess and did everything in her power to make the stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The rooms were spacious, spotlessly clean and very stylishly furnished. Every single customer need was catered for. The garden is beautiful and if only we had had good weather we could have enjoyed a very pleasant pre-dinner drink out there. This motel is a gem and I would have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Impossible as all the rooms were stunning
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngieNewZealand
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We are from the US but have lived in Germany & traveled all over. We found "The Lake" to be perfect. It is quaint & clean & perfectly located. Helen was so pleasant, she even let our 18 yr old son stay in the suite in back of ours for free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone/everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tourist2be
Reviewed 20 March 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Lake for 1 night. It was the best Hotel we stayed on the whole trip around North Island.
Helen was really nice to us and she recommended us a superb restaurant for my bday.
The room was really nice. I guess you need to see it for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giro_10
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We just loved this place ! We wanted something nice and cosy to spend our new new year eve 2010, and this place was just perfect !! We were able to make our own BBQ and enjoy a nice dinner in the charming garden. The location is also great, we did the walking track along Huka Falls and this is one of our best memories ! Our Hosts were really charming and always there to provide good tips on walks and restaurants ! By the way, we recommend the restaurant Plateau !!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Very nice hotel. I would stay here again if i'm back in this area. The rooms are very trendy and spacious. There's even a lemon tree with fresh veggies in front of every room. We had a lovely stay here. Helen was incredible. She reminds me of Helen Mirren and Cate Blanchett. Super nice & sweet. Helped us book our trip to Tongariro Crossing and stayed up late to wait for us to arrive.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends