“Going back for a third time”

Sacred Waters Taupo Luxury Apartments
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Taupo
Hong Kong,
“Going back for a third time”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Love this place - have spent the last two Christmases here and they're the most memorable ever.

The facilities: Have enjoyed both the smaller one bedroom apts and the larger 3 beds with lake view. Beautifully presented spacious apartments, awesome thermal baths on the balconies, thermal streams trickling into the lake, small but well equipped/appointed gym and pool, communal barbeque, nice local amenities, well equipped kitchen and lounge. No wonder these are the only 5 star properties in Tuapo

Location: walking distance from the town centre, just far enough away to avoid any noise from bars and restaurants, but maintaining a central outlook on the lake if you're fortunate enough to stay in a lakeview apartment.

Other activities: As the guestbook would suggest- there's thermal spa's, boat trips (with film nights projecting onto the sail), parasailing, moon craters, paddleboarding, zorbing, bungee, luge, river rapids, jetboating, all very close by car.

For people used to Four Seasons, Waldorfs, Shangri La's etc, this shares the 5 star quality on a more compact, boutique footprint. We've go such stunning photos of the sunsets, swans and local black ducks. Renee and team very helpful and accommodating to all requests. You can chooase to get up in the morning and run a section of the lake, go paddleboarding at the local rental bar- all apartments have direct lake access. Or relax, lie in, and have a quiet private vacation with your own thermal bath on the balcony. Taupo is a magical place, and these apartments are the best accommodation available hands down. Can't wait to visit again, thank you to the owners for making this special place available.

Room Tip: Views from the first floor lakeview apts are fantastic if you can afford, if not the privacy and qua...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When we checked in, the service was outstanding and we were told we had been upgraded from a two bedroom thermal apartment to a 3 bedroom lakeview apartment, which was a pleasant surprise to say the least! My aunt was also travelling with us, and she had been put in the room we were upgraded from. It was fantastic! Our apartment was huge, with a massive balcony. The thermal bath on the balcony was absolutely amazing, and had great views of the lake. One small touch that I fell in love with was light switches by the bed! How convenient! Anyway, the pool and gym were fantastic, and the location was excellent. My whole family was absolutely in love with Sacred Waters, and I will absolutely stay there again next time I'm in NZ! Absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Before we even arrived the service was top notch, we were in town for one night for my husbands birthday and had booked a two bedroom lake view room. I rang prior to see if they could arrange a birthday cake to be in the apartment when we arrived, which the lovely Renee did for me and it was devine! She also upgraded us to a lake front apartment which was amazing.
Everything about our stay was fantastic from the view to the hot tub.
We had a wonderful sleep and will definitely be back to stay in the future and will be recommending to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked the five of us into the Sacred Waters Luxury Apartments. We acquired the Lakefront Apartment, Unit 1. I've been here once before with just mum and I when we acquired a Lakeview Apartment and I was impressed then. I didn't think they could do much better than perhaps a better view of the lake. Was I wrong. We had our own garage with automatic doors and enough space to put two cars in comfortably with back door access leading straight to our apartment. As for the rooms, they made sure we all had separate beds. The room with en-suite bathroom was mums (double bed), whilst the princess of the family got the room adjoining the kitchen/lounge (double bed also) and the rest of us had single beds. It accommodated us perfectly. The lounge had a large flat-screen panel with Sky-TV (55 channels) and dvd. And lovely comfy sofas. The kitchen right next to it was fabulous. Ergonomically sound and all the accoutrements one needed. The main bathroom had a bath/shower and two wash basins with an enormous mirror. While we never used the clothes washing machine it was nice to know it was there. Finally, the large panoramic view of the lake greeted us thanks to enormous glass panels and sliding doors that was situated right next to the kitchen/lounge. I was blown away, as was my sisters.

I couldn't say this was home away from home cos our house never looked as good as this, nor does our house come with stunning views. We made full use of the pantry and fridge/freezer and had great breakfast meals as we took in these great vistas. We even ordered in a few times and put the dining table to good use. It just ticked all the boxes and then some.

The owners were very warm, friendly, informative, helpful and most accommodating. Room service was top notch and very discreet. Any known faults (and they were minor) was bought to our attention beforehand. Oh, and their pet dog - oh-so-adorable!

If I had one gripe it was the bath/shower which I just never mastered. Good thing the other bathroom had a shower-only deal.

Overall, this place is just a delight to be in. If I were to live in an apartment like this long term the wow factor would probably leave me after a week. So to have three days here was ideal for me and my kin. We leave with fond memories, and with ideas on how to make the most of Taupo when we come back. And this place is certainly worth coming back to. Kudos to Sacred Waters.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tala U
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Perfect!!! Great location and wonderful staff. The apartment we had was spacious (even though it was suppose to be the smallest) warm, clean & modern. Our apartment had its own well appointed courtyard with mineral tub (divine) and a little bit of view. It has secure under ground carparking which is another bonus. We can't wait to come back again and will be highly recommending to others. Thanks for making our mini break superb.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Everything about this apartment is perfect. If I may, I would say give us more laundry powder for those who have more people. We have about 6 people's laundry but only given 2 small satchets (officially). But I am glad the management gave us a few more packs when we asked. The views are great, the apartment is clean and there's a jacuzzi! Enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirlene P
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Was on a family holiday with 4 adults. Checked in at 5pm but had mistakenly booked the wrong month. Leanne, who runs the place was very understanding and helpful and accommodated us.

We had a 2 bed apartment. Spotless, neat and excellently presented. Clearly a luxury apartment. We had a lake view room with a stunning view of the lake. There's plenty of seating on the large balcony and a large spa bath big enough for. 4 adults.

Kitchen is fully equipped even for a large family. A reasonable gym and heated lap pool.

In summary a highly recommended choice. A bit on the expensive side but I guess you get what u pay for.

• Stayed May 2014