Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre
eMotel(Taupo)
Prince Motor Lodge(Taupo)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsan on site restaurantlake taupogarden roomlake viewshort walk into townbedroom unitupper floorbeds were very comfortablebit datedswimming poolgood sizeheat pumpfree wififirst floorfamily rooma great place to staygreat spot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My Husband and I plus three teenagers stayed at Suncourt on our recent visit to Taupo. We had a three bedroom unit with full kitchen,It was very clean, spacious and close to the lake, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Our room was called Garden View, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Monica o
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed at the Suncourt for a weekend with friends. The overall appearance of the hotel is good, the receptionists were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the bottom floor at the front facing the lake, which had excellent views. Our room was small but ok, the bed had probably seen better days and was extremelly soft and a bit on the small side for my husband and myself, the linen was fresh and clean as was the room. The shower was quite small and we had trouble getting the temperasture right as the plate at the back just spun and it was impossible to tell where the temperature was. We had dinner in the Mousetrap restaurant in the evening and this was first class, service was good, selection of wines were good, and the food was excellent, the pork ribs were amazing!!
We decided to have breakfast on our last morning there as the food had been so good in the evening. What a mistake, we arrived at 9.30am (breakfast finished at 10am) so felt we had plenty of time, there was no sausages left, and everything else that was in the cooked breakfast had been made for ages and was cold, not nice, we had to ask for bread for toast, they did make more eggs but these were presented in a "frying pan" shape and put into the cold server, what a pity the two girls that were working there did not try harder, we were left feeling that they were not interested. Other than the breakfast we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsMHawkesBay
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed with my daughter so requested a room with a queen bed and a single bed and asked for a room with a view over the lake. The room was worth $180 for the night but the price was reduced to $160 because I had mentioned that I'd seen it valued at $135 on the "Wotif" website where you receive the price of $135 if you book through the website.
The view to the lake was lovely, the unit was very spacious, comfortable and clean. I was very surprised to see so many little pottles of milk provided for tea and coffee because most places I stay at usually only offer around 6 of them. I would say though that the single beds were extremely narrow and suitable for young children only not adult women and my daughter is small for a woman. It was quiet when the doors were closed despite there being a main road across the park.
The bathroom had a bath to soak in and a shower which had very good pressure. No chance of keeping your hair dry if you didn't wish to wash it. The only disappointment was the mildew in the shower which had been there a while and which I could and did wipe away with my towel. Laziness on the cleaners behalf or lack of noticing maybe.
There is a restaurant attached to the side of the reception area and I would highly recommend this as a place to eat especially if you don't feel up to driving anywhere else and perhaps want a few drinks and don't need to worry about driving afterwards. The food was divine and the wine also very good. The waitresses were lovely. Very nice.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is easy to find, spacious, clean, and for older people the gound floor units are very accessible. Good parking also.
Things that were not provided: No hair dryer, no shower caps, and no deck chairs or table to sit at outside. A shame especially since their is a lovely deck outside of each room overlooking the lake and it would have been lovely to sit with a coffee or glass of wine.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JenGerNewZealand
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed in a studio twin lake room. Our room was on the bottom floor. It's a 2 story building. There are different sections of the hotel but our building is right in the front facing a lawn and Lake Taupo. There are some trucks parked right on the lawn but luckily they didn't park in front of our unit so our view of the Lake was not blocked.

Did not see any elevator in our section of the building. The parking area is right behind each unit. There's a vending machine outside. We couldn't get a wi-fi signal from our room, maybe because our room is at the end of the building (room no. 14). Free wi-fi but you will need to ask the receptionist for an access code. It's a different code for different room. There are 2 computers free to use near the reception area. There's a restaurant right next to the entrance area and another one right next door.

The room is quite spacious. It comes with 1 single bed and 1 double bed. It has 2 chairs and a table. A sliding glass door facing the lake. A remote control A/C (very quiet) and a flat screen TV that has about 8 or 9 channels. The bathroom is quite spacious. It's dated and there are a couple of chips on the bath tub. The shower area is very small, perhaps the smallest one I've ever seen. No fans in the bathroom. There are windows that can be opened, they are opened to a corridor facing the parking lot. No tissues in the bathroom so be sure to bring your own.

The beds are a bit too soft but I didn't get a backache from it. The sink by the entry area has separate cold and hot water spouts and so close to the wall so it's a bit hard to wash your cups or glasses. There's a small refrigerator. Coffee/tea electric kettle. Ironing board, iron, hair dryer and extra pillows inside the closet.

Even though it's pretty close to the main road but it was quiet at night. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't hear any noise. There's a pool and jacuzzi area to the side of the parking lot. They're all outdoor. Overall it's not bad other than their tiny shower area and practically non existent wi-fi in the room. Good location if you want to stay close to the city center, only a 5 minute leisurely walk. You can find all kinds of places to dine.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake for a view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank World Passport
Reviewed 13 February 2012

For the last 4 years we have been coming to Suncourt to celebrate our annual Nationals. The service we receive from Andrew and his whole team is outstanding for the conference side. The rooms are always neat, tidy and clean and we love the views and facilities. Always a pleasure and nothing is a problem to accomodate our requests (including all of us washing our cars for the show shine on the saturdays haha).....

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake and a spa bath for those leisurely moments.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business