“Fine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Taupo
Perth, Australia
“Fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spacious and clean rooms with a nice outlook over the lake if you get the right room - we had room 10. Reasonably good value for money. My only complaint was that it was Valentine's Day and there was a lot of love in the air in the room next to ours - soundproofing between rooms could have been a bit better!.

Room Tip: Get the rooms at the front facing the lake..and upstairs if you can.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Andrew M, General Manager at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for seeing the funny side of Valentines Day. I appreciate your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ibiza, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We booked at this hotel at short notice and what a pleasant surprise. The room was very comfortable and clean although we were a bit concerned at being placed close to the childrens playground. However it turned out not to be a problem. The staff were super friendly. The hotel is close to town so easy to walk to all the restaurants, also not far from the swimming beach of Lake Taupo.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I love the location as well; even as a local. We are lucky that we are very central. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Kids, partner and I loved this place. Very friendly staff, Clean rooms. The amenities were great. Great pool, the whole environment was welcoming.
Dinner first night by BBQ and second night in the restaurant which the kids loved. Great variety and tasty.
Will come back here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad to see you had a great stay and enjoyed the property. Thank you for chosing Suncourt Hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I came to suncourt after not been happy with a Place up the road, as the receptionist was so rude to me.

as soon as I walked in the door I got a bright bubbly smile, from the young lady at the counter.
she was also more than happy to show me my room. before I decided if I wanted to stay or not.
the room was great, and had the best view of the lake!

I was more than happy to stay here!

it is not often you get great customer service from a young teen, so it was good to see
keep up the good work!

restaurant staff also lovely!

Room Tip: lovely staff best place to stay
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew M, General Manager at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Wonderful feedback on our receptionist, this type of greeting and service is what we endeavour to provide to all our guests. I also have to agree that we are very lucky to have such amazing views of the lake and mountains.
New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Suncourt kindly donated two nights, lake view accommodation for a charity auction which I was the lucky winner. We arrived at a busy time for the receptionist but she still greeted us with a big smile and was very polite. The rooms were big, clean and had great views. The food at Mousetrap (onsite restaurant) was well priced and yummy. Restaurant staff were lovely too. Only disappointed was the room walls are too thin, we could hear the guests next door and if people slammed their doors you heard it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback, we are removing the internal doors in some rooms which we hope will improve the sound proofing.
Safe Travels & Congratulations
Andrew Milne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

As we do not have a credit card, Suncourt required us to pay in advance. Did a bank transfer on the 10th of November 2013 for a stay on the 10 January 2014 (Two months ahead)
We found out that my daughters planed camp was canceled, so contacted Suncourt about the additional person and again, did a bank transfer for the mount required.
To our surprise on booking in to the Hotel on the day, we had to pay a further $100 as a bond. Not sure about others but we work on a tight budget. This was a surprise, as far as we were concerned we had paid up for all the costs. We were very disappointed as there was $100 not accounted for. This meant going to the supermarket and getting something for tea instead of a meal out we had planned for our selves. (You get the bond back when you leave, but whats the point when we are going home)
As for the unit we stayed in was okay and the facilities good. But warning to others watch out for the bond, it is a slap in the face. After all, they were paid well in advance, and were getting interest off the payment. Why weren't we told prior?

Room Tip: Keep away from the pool area
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Your comments have been duly noted, we have since reviewed our policies around bonds. I do agree that you should have been advised and this has been updated within our reservation confirmations. Thank you for your feedback.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. the accommodation was really good but the STAFF IS NOT HELPFUL.

I booked for an standard room and they allocate me the Disable room and when i asked they said that its the last room,. when on the next day i asked them to extend my stay then the receptionist telling me book online even when i am standing in front of her.

It didn't finish there now how she talk to the manager and agree to give me the same price that i have booked. I asked her do you have any other room available and she replied yes we do :), i was happy to hear that and i asked her if i can change my room as the existing room is Disable room and i stayed there last night as it was the only room available but now you have room so i can change my room.

NOW the really disappointing thing i ever heard, The receptionist lady replied as you paying the same amount as last night you can only stay in the disable room,,, we cant change your room even we have rooms available and the reason that we need to clean your room...I think even backpacker have better receptionist then them, She was just, Rude and don't know what customer service mean.

i would never suggest to stay here. better stay somewhere else as you have lot of places to stay.

They charge the credit card even you already paid for the accommodation by EFTOS and when i ask them that when i will get my money back in my Credit card and she said in 1 day.

It took 2 week for me to get my money.. if you don't know what to tell your customer then at least don't Lie.

Room Tip: Better not to stay here if you expect good customer service
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Andrew M, General Manager at Suncourt Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Firstly Ravi thank you for your honest feedback and for taking the time to speak to me about your experiences. It is always extremely disappointing to recieve poor feedback in areas of the operation that we have full control over. Customer Service is of upmost importance and we did; in my opinion, really let you down. My sincere apologies for this.
Kind Regards