Chevron Motel
US$138
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$180
  • Pool
Beechtree Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$111
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
Acapulco Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
Priceline
Ascot Motor Inn(Taupo)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$80
Priceline
US$555
US$539
US$272
Hotels.com
Baycrest Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
All reviewswalking distancelarge living areafamily staystayed herewell equipped kitchenetteseparate bedroomspa poolgreat locationclean tidydining tablelovely hostsheat pumpfree wifithe ground flooron arrivalnew zealandcossie
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Host was friendly. Room was big enough for 3 people.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The room was very spacious and clean. It was very functional. I have never heard a toilet flush and refill so loud, but that is a minor point. Location is close to supermarket and other shopping. The owners have paid attention to provide the kitchen with all the items you need to actually cook a meal - extra large serving bowls, measuring cup etc. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jsmella
Reviewed 9 June 2011

A much better place then the trip advisor ranking would suggest.

Lovely welcome from Glenys in the early evening and some good early tips on the local area. Accommodation was good size, spotlessly clean and had everything that we could need.

Good location in the centre of town and great value for what you get.

Would come back again if we come to to Taupo.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I wonder why this motel was not rated higher in Taupo. The owners, Allan and Glenys, were wonderful hosts, which is sometimes what makes all the difference.

We were warmly welcomed on arrival, and given an upgrade to a bigger apartment. Our unit was clean and spacious, and made for a very comfortable stay while we were out and about In Taupo. All units (I gather) have a kitchenette, which includes a fridge, a microwave, and even a radio. There's also a large living area in each unit and beds have electric blankets. It felt just like home.

The motel is close to Pak'n Save. Especially handy for extended stays. It is however quite some walking distance (about 10 min each way) to the lake front, which could get old after some time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have a view of Tongariro
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I arrived in Taupo after a drive up from Napier and went straight to the i-site. I booked this motel through them and I was so impressed when I was shown to my room. I was on an upstairs landing so my case was carried up for me. The room was very modern, spotlessly clean and well stocked with tea, coffee etc. I was travelling on my own (lone female) and this was by far the best value I experienced in my two weeks travelling. I loved the location of the motel and was able to walk freely even in the evenings. If I ever get back to Taupo I will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo