“Taupo” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dixie Brown's

Dixie Brown's
Ranked #10 of 134 Restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: European, Soups, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Taupo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lunch was good with GF options. Service was very slow even though not crowded - - we were there pre-season so all the staff standing around were probably in training.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
New Delhi, India
“more peoples means goodplace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Surprised to see number of guest in restaurant in morning hours. I take breakfast here in my last visit. they offer all kings of food and beverages. i had Coffee and Dixie Brown double omelette. preparation and presentation was good and taste was excellent. restaurant offer nice view of lake. they offer good variety of wines from NZ and France, not too expensive, staff are always busy in serving so had to wait for your turn, but sometimes its good to wait. Overall experience was great for breakfast but not preferred place for Dinner.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ashok_patel
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Where were the blueberries”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I popped into Dixie Browns for brunch when passing through Taupo... I can only say we won't be going there again... My husband ordered Eggs Benedict.... the plate was so hot that the sauce had started to separate. I ordered the hot blueberry pancake stack.... three very doughy pancakes arrived and I managed to fine one blueberry on the whole place.... Not impressed.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Only went once but my wife and I enjoyed one very large pepperoni pizza between us and, with the help of a charming South African waiter whose name escaped us, found some very palatable French red on the wine list - by the glass.
With the moderate prices, modern décor, and views out to the lake, all together a most enjoyable experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Highly rated but dont know why food was below average!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had dinner here while staying in Taupo. It was recommended to us by the hotel and by some of the locals. We had the bbq chicken wings and a simple chicken pizza. The wings were meant to be crunchy and came out swimming in a foul tasting sauce with barely any meat. The pizza was packed with sauce and barely and toppings and the cheese they used wasnt mozzarella and ut was gross. We didnt even finish the food. We never usually complain we are pretty laid back when it comes to food but we paid $60 for a pizza and entree that was gross and we could have went to kfc. Just a warning!