“Glowworm Kayak...awesome”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Glowworm Kayak...awesome”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I bought a voucher for a seal kayak around the Mount nearly 2 years ago but after one thing or another (Rena crashing, high winds, broken ankles....!) I changed my tour to the glowworm kayak and am glad I did. It was awesome. Grant was a great guide and gave us a fantastic tour. The river was like glass and reflected the stars beautifully. The canyon on the lake was incredible with little glowing bugs everywhere. Next came a short walk into the forest to the waterfall - all in the dark, which made it more exciting....where we sat on a bridge in the dark and were surrounded by the tiny lights. Completely magical.
Would highly recommend this tour to everybody. Thanks Grant for being so patient with the voucher!

Visited March 2013

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fabulous day”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Tim guided Jackie and me for a special day of sea kayaking,hiking and biking in the tauranga area.We arrived by cruise ship and felt our full day was a great value...Tim was not only athletic, he was knowledgable about geography and fauna...thanks Grant for the experience...boofus36 michigan

Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“great day”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We arrived by cruise ship and had an excellent day with Grant, There were 10 of us and we could not decide what we wanted to see in the short time we were in port....too many things too little time...so we left it up to Grant, The day was perfect. What I appreciated the most in booking with him was the quick resonse to all my many e mail questions prior to our arrival. Highly recommend!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank cat15
Tampa, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“Excellent Day”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Like the previous reviewer, my wife and I were on a one day cruise stop. Try as he could, Grant could not get from us in advance what we would like to do during this stop both because there were so many choices and because my wife and I couldn't agree (in typical couples' fashion). He was very understanding about this, answered numerous emails, and then custom engineered a day for us based on our mutual interests and changing weather conditions. We ended up jet boating, hiking, visiting waterfalls, visiting geothermal activities and a Maori show, beautiful lake front area, kiwi farm and even more. Grant is very personable (and flexible too). Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank saccuch
Annandale, VA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“GREAT custom tour of the Tauranga countryside”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I booked a custom tour with tour operator Grant Bradley in advance of our cruise on the Celebrity Solstice, based on the great reviews I read on TripAdvisor. Grant and I worked out a custom itinerary for myself and 6 friends that included visits to Kaiate Falls, to a geothermal park featuring Maori culture, and to a beautiful redwood forest. The tour included lunch at a lovely lake, complete with wonderful meat pies from a local bakery --- much preferable to stopping at a pricey restaurant. We all had a great time.

Grant is a wonderful guide, full of local knowledge, and very personable. This was a far superior tour than anything offered through the cruise ship, and also much more affordable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!.

Visited January 2013