“Lunch date delight”

Volare
Ranked #23 of 386 Restaurants in Tauranga
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Licensed restaurant, Bar, Wines, Beer, Italian style dining, fresh homemade pasta, meat, seafood, salad or side
Mount Maunganui, New Zealand
“Lunch date delight”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Relaxed atmosphere, very good service and excellent food. The restaurant has two floors and from the upper floor you get a great view of the harbour. The building is one of the old ones and therefore has character. They often have special deals.

Visited October 2012

Whakatane, New Zealand
“Great location and wonderful food”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We were in Tauranga to view the Russian Ballet performance of Swan Lake and had a meal at Volare. The fettucine Pollo was delicious - fresh pasta and tangy sauce. A small serving was generous but had to try a desert to end off the meal so shared a cassata - yum. Although very busy with a large group, the staff were friendly and efficient. Try it out!

• Visited October 2012
Tauranga
“An old favourite!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We have been to Volare a number of times over the years, but this is the first time I have written a review for it here. We hadn't been to Volare for probably about a year, so there was a "new" menu with lots of choices! We (my husband and I) arrived on a Thursday evening with no reservation, but the friendly manager was very accommodating, and retrieved a table from outside and put it upstairs in a good position, which we really appreciated, considering there were a number of large groups there, so it was quite busy. Meals were very good - I had a beef dish (sorry can't remember the name!) and my husband had the veal. Its good also that you have a choice of a light or main meal, so nothing goes to waste. Excellent wine list as well, at reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2012
Tauranga
“Great food”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My husband and I lunched at Volare last weekend. We both had pasta dishes which were delicious. I especially loved the fettucine pollo with bacon & parmesan. Will definitely be back. Very friendly and attentive staff too.

• Visited September 2012
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I really enjoyed the food and the place. I ate a Gnocchi al Gorgonzola e Noci and my husband ordered a Mario’s Bistecca. It was delicious!

• Visited July 2012