“Another excellent stay”
Review of City Suites

City Suites
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Tauranga
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The second time I have stayed at this motel and again another perfect stay.
Generous sized clean rooms, and nicely appointed. A full sized king bed, spa bath, effective heat pump, and nice little patio to enjoy a bit of fresh air.
An easy walk to the city centre and cafes.
Free under cover car parking in basement garage.
The owners/managers do seem very committed to the comfort of their guests and do try to make you quite welcome.
Free wi fi also worked well and something that not even the big hotels often offer.
Definitely a good place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Helpful friendly staff, the whole place was very clean, comfortable and felt spacious. Everything was well laid out in the room and the parking was safe and convenient. Great location with an easy walk into the shops and access to main routes to other areas in Tauranga.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A warm welcoming place to stay in central Tauranga. Excellent presentation, clean and very comfortable. Secure off-street parking. Walking distance to restaurants and cafes. Very impressed - would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Julianne O
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Travelled to the beauftiful city of Tauranga for a training day and spent my overnight stay in with City Suites.

Really well presented - clean - prompt service and great that they have all the mod cons like WI-FI

Rooms were great - huge King size bed with Sky TV and well stocked fridge, mini bar and utensiles.

Would recommend City Suites to anyone wanting a place to stay in Tauranga either short or long term.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We arrived on a Friday early evening and found the hotel straight away.
Shirley was on hand to welcome us.
After check in we ventured out to the strand near the water front and settled on a nice Japanese dinner. The hotel is less than 10 mins walk.
Our studio room was perfect. Clean and comfy beds and part of the hotel's promotion we were served continental breakfasts on both morning.
Would not hestitate to come back in summer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I can't thank Shirley enough for the refreshing approach she has to travellers. You are treated as a friend more than a customer and I loved it. I witnessed this on more than one occassion during my stay - she's a natural. As a regular in hotels - I like the personal and friendly service at this hotel..
I love the central location and the rooms are quite well set out.

Room Tip: Go for the back off the road side (it's not that bad but quieter is personal choice).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This was my fourth time staying here (not that reception ever has records of my details any time I check in) and will likely be my last. Thinking back to why I first made this my accom of choice in Tauranga it was that the service was friendly and helpful and the rate was quite competitive compared to other similar standard places around. It seems neither apply anymore.

When you arrive at the City Suites there is really only space for one car to pull in and check in before you proceed to the car park. When I arrived this was taken up by someone I presume was visiting the owner as there was no-one at reception so I had to buzz to get someone to take my reservation details. When I asked if the car could move so people could check in I was just faced with a blank face. Reception also had a very strong cigarette odour coming from the living area of the owners/caretakers which was also a little off-putting.

The room was standard, clean and tidy as I've always found it. The average price looks like it has jumped about $20 a night from what I could see on booking in. It has been about six months since I last stayed however.

The morning of checkout (at 9.30am I should add!!!) I was called and told I was making too much noise. If walking around the room and getting bags packed creates too much noise I can just imagine what Saturday nights in the summer sound like. When I queried this I was told she was calling all the rooms to check if it was them and it obviously wasn't me. Not the most efficient way to find noisy hotel guests I imagine!

In summary.. tidy, clean rooms. Cold service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Hotarm, Manager at City Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for choosing City Suites for your stay. We are very dissapointed you felt that your arrival was not warm and welcoming. As Managers, we take pride in making our guests feel they are very special and we are very sorry you felt you did not receive this.You can be assured I will definitely address this. We have added you to our data base so your details will remain on file should you decide to stay again. We really hope that we can welcome you back again and be able to give you a more satisfactory service.