Ways to Experience McLaren Falls Park
from US$121.77
from US$132.52
from US$358.16
More Info
All reviews glow worms excellent cafe waterfall walk camping ground rock pools picnic bridge ranger track rocks arboretum lakeside nature
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2019

Lovely place to have a picnic on the lake shores. The 20 minute walk to the falls is beautiful - smell the New Zealand bush.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank ChasandStephen
Reviewed 27 February 2019

Stooped off for a quick walk and a picnic. You can drive through most areas of the park, round the lake etc or enjoy a walk. You can even take your horse if you fancy a trot about. Lovely well signed walk to the waterfall took about 10 minutes and plenty of room to park up and have a picnic. We didn’t use the visitor centre but there are plenty of sign posts throughout the park and clean toilets as well. You could spend all day here

Reviewed 26 February 2019

We visited the Falls and found plenty of varied walks to enjoy. Some go through rainforest, some around the lake and some to the summit give wonderful views. There is a cafe and BBQ facilities including camping.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 22 February 2019

Short drive from Tauranga and a must stop. Spent a couple of hours here walking around and coffee in the cafe. Coffee OK, not great. The waterfall is spectacular and a must see. Bring your own food, area is lovely for picnics. Beautiful trees. We liked it to much we came back the next day during our four day trip to Tauranga.

Reviewed 21 February 2019 via mobile

I recently visted the falls with my family. One child was asleep in the car, so I went ahead with the baby in a pack for the 10 minute walk to the waterfall. The trail is shady and cool going up and sunnier on the opposite side of the creek coming back. (On a hot day you can take the shady side back!) The waterfall is stunningly beautiful and just a short hike to see it! The rest of my family joined me and we got some great pics. I can't wait to go again on my next visit and do it at night to see the glow worms.