“Exceptional meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Exceptional meal”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

It's rare to find no-one with "food-envy" when you're dining with a group of 8, but every dish at our table was exceptional and everyone was happy with their choice.
The wines we had were also very good and well priced and the service was great.
I had the squid and chorizo with chipotle mayonnaise for starter, the rib eye steak and the dark chocolate "bleeding heart" desert, which were all fantastic - will definietly be back to try the other dishes.

• Visited May 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

So good went back 3 x times for dinner - each time service from the two ladies and the food was fantastic

Te Puke, New Zealand
“Wow!! Who would have thought Mt Maunganui could be this good...”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

It may be based in a totally unassuming unit on the Mt main street, but this is an absolute gem.
The service on my two visits there this week was both superb, and the food definitely matched.
Now OK, they have the advantage of being close to the sea and not far from great NZ meat sources so the quality of the ingredients would never be in doubt. The complements to the mains were good too and the wine list of quality and well priced - highly recommend it, although that places me at risk of being disappointed next time I visit!!

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Arrived late in Tauranga and we are looking for a place to have dinner in Mt .Mauganui.We found this restaurant full on Thursday night so we hoped to get a table in it.From the time we were seated to the end of the meal,the service is superb,very attentive and helpful when I forgot to bring my reading glasses and choosing from the menu is difficult,I was offered a pair to use.We thoroughly enjoyed our rilette of suckling pig,duck and rabbit for entree and venison for main.I love my red wine so the Central Otago Pinot noir was the perfect match.Guess I found one favorite in the Bay of Plenty.

London
“Great food and awesome wine list.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Fabulous food and excellent service. My parents live in Tauranga and we were over visiting from overseas so took them here for dinner. The fish and chips were huge and my lamb was delicious will definitely be back next time we visit the folks.

• Visited March 2014