“Small venue that packs a punch!”
Review of The Drawing Room - CLOSED

The Drawing Room
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Took 2 clients out to dinner. My clients chose the place as they were locals. From the cocktail drinks at the bar through to dinner the service was excellent.

The food is amazing! I must agree with the other reviewer comment of food envy! We all had very tasty dishes and the portions were generous to a fault! Unusual as most restaurant of that calibre will serve a portion no bigger than apple. Bring your appetite and make sure to order a three course menu! You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

It's rare to find no-one with "food-envy" when you're dining with a group of 8, but every dish at our table was exceptional and everyone was happy with their choice.
The wines we had were also very good and well priced and the service was great.
I had the squid and chorizo with chipotle mayonnaise for starter, the rib eye steak and the dark chocolate "bleeding heart" desert, which were all fantastic - will definietly be back to try the other dishes.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

So good went back 3 x times for dinner - each time service from the two ladies and the food was fantastic

Reviewed 13 April 2014

It may be based in a totally unassuming unit on the Mt main street, but this is an absolute gem.
The service on my two visits there this week was both superb, and the food definitely matched.
Now OK, they have the advantage of being close to the sea and not far from great NZ meat sources so the quality of the ingredients would never be in doubt. The complements to the mains were good too and the wine list of quality and well priced - highly recommend it, although that places me at risk of being disappointed next time I visit!!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Arrived late in Tauranga and we are looking for a place to have dinner in Mt .Mauganui.We found this restaurant full on Thursday night so we hoped to get a table in it.From the time we were seated to the end of the meal,the service is superb,very attentive and helpful when I forgot to bring my reading glasses and choosing from the menu is difficult,I was offered a pair to use.We thoroughly enjoyed our rilette of suckling pig,duck and rabbit for entree and venison for main.I love my red wine so the Central Otago Pinot noir was the perfect match.Guess I found one favorite in the Bay of Plenty.