Review of Amazing Day Tours

Amazing Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 59 Tours in Tauranga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tauranga Tours & Rotorua Tours: Specializing in Small Group Guided Tours for Cruise Ship passenger For all the people visiting the Port of Tauranga, we offer two vehicles one set tour / one custom tour The Bay of Plenty is an absolutely fantastic place to visit. Why not see it with a local and let us show you the best NZ has to offer!! Book your tour on our website.
Buninyong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Thanks to Bruce, our friendly tour guide, for providing a great day tour to Rotorua and surrounds. From the moment he picked us up at the Port to the time he dropped us back to the ship he enriched our experience of New Zealand. It was a fun filled day of experiences, from the visit to the Kiwi Fruit orchard to the geysers and our tour around Tauranga. Would highly recommend his tours.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Bunny3357

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked this Amazing day tour a few weeks prior to departing for NZ. This tour is exactly what it says on the tin!!!it was AMAZING!!!!we spend 4 weeks traveling NZ and Australia, this was by far our best day trip. The full day was fully packed with beautiful views, a trip to see geysers and a Maori village. Prior to arriving I had sent an email to Amazing day tours to see if there would still be enough time at the end of the day to walk up Mount Maunganui, Bruce our guide done the full tour backwards in order to miss the crowds and leave us time to walk up the Mount. A must do if you have the time. It's has spectacular views. I would give this tour 6 stars and would recommend anyone to book with Amazing day tours. Fantastic day. Thanks Bruce

Visited March 2014
Irene_ReTauranga, Owner at Amazing Day Tours, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you Blair T for your feedback and comments
So pleased you enjoyed the day in our region and we pride ourselves with the timing of the day
We like to get our people back so they have time to explore the area near where the ship is docked.The views from the top of the Mount are great and you must have some great photos and memories' and I recall we all had a great day with the tour group that day.
Warm regards
Bruce
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“CRUISE SHIP TOUR OF TAURANGA/ROTORUA”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Thank you to Irene, our guide for the for our day tour in Tauranga on 13th May. Irene met us dockside and we were off for the day. We three were joined by two fellow passengers from the USA and the five of us had a wonderful experience. Irene was very knowledgeable and was very proud of the very special and beautiful part of New Zealand that she calls home. We were not rushed at any time during the day and were offered an extra treat of a cable car ride in Rotorua. Four of the passengers elected to do the trip and Irene and me spent a lovely hour near the lake, having lunch and coffee whilst exchanging travel stories. Our visit to the Maori village was especially memorable as one of our party was elected to be CHIEF for the ceremony and it was a lot of fun. The tour included entries to all places of interest and was well worth it. As cruisers, we know how difficult it is if port stays are brief, to actually get a feel for a place. This tour has planted a seed to return with more leisure time and explore this very pretty place. Thank you Irene and we wish you well with all your future adventures.

Visited May 2014
Irene_ReTauranga, Owner at Amazing Day Tours, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you Ruth H for your lovely comments. As you said this is such a beautiful area to show to our cruise ship guests and it was a pleasure to share it with such a wonderful group of happy travellers. Many thanks for choosing Amazing Day Tours and we look forward to catching up again one day for another coffee. Warm regards Irene
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“1/2 day out in Tauranga”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

arrived on the good ship Dawn Princess with no idea what to do for the day,spoke to unknown passengers, also looking a little lost, they also didn't want to be ripped off by ship tour prices. Saw the smiling face of Irene standing along side her trusty vehicle, a short negotiation and soon all 5 of us were on our way for a tour of the area which included a visit to a kiwi fruit farm, finished off with a magnificent feed of fish on a nearby wharf. Most informative 3 1/2 hour tour for $50 per head . Recommend Amazing Day Tours when you visit Tauranga

Visited April 2014
3 Thank bundy654
Thank you Bundy 654 for your lovely comments. As I said on the day I had a last minute cancellation so was able to do a short local tour so was a pleasure to be able to show you around the beautiful Tauranga area. Warm regards Irene
Falls Church, Virginia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Add another satisfied customer to the list”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Dealing with Irene and Bruce was very pleasant. Among other things, they provided advice about expected weather and attire. I arranged for the tour for four friends, my wife and me while in port on a cruise, and I am so pleased that I picked a winner. First, Irene is an excellent "wheelman," an essential for a tour driver. More important, she knows the ins and outs of the area, has good connections with the people who operate the sites we visited and is well versed in the lore and legend of Tauranga and Rotorua. She even arranged for me to be a temporary Maori chief as part of a welcoming ceremony. I highly recommend Irene to anyone planning travel to Tauranga and based on the limited conversations I had with Bruce, feel the same about him. The only downside: We were six adults traveling in a six-passenger van in which the seating was a bit cramped.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank barcroft2697
Thank you Barcroft 2697 for your great comments and your reference to the "Wheelman". I have always loved driving. It is a stunning region for us to showcase to such an enthusiastic happy group. So glad that I could manage to make you Chief for the Maori welcome a great bonus.
thank you for choosing Amazing Day Tours.

Warm regards Irene