“Convenient & Passable.”
Review of Aspect Apartments

Aspect Apartments
Reviewed 18 March 2014

At first sight, quite adequate. Comfortable bed and serviceable furniture, albeit rather 'utility'.
Conveniently placed for the shoppings and sightseeing around and about.
Only down side was the horrendous noise at night, possible caused by an un-closed door in an adjacent apartment coupled with an open window. (It was the night that the tropical cyclone passed through!)
Al together, not a poor experience and fit for purpose.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sudarg
VillageAccommodation, Guest Relations Manager at Aspect Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your review we appreciate the feedback, it is a very convenient location right in the heart of the city.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Unfortunately stayed here with my husband and son for 12 nights and never again. My comments are same as previous reviews. The smell from restaurant was always present, particularly bad in lobby. The two bed apt tight squeeze for three adults don't know how 4 would manage, 2 seater sofa, arm chair and 3 kitchen chairs! No storage for clothes, clothes hanging rails and one chest of drawers.for us the worse was the improvised duvets , mattress covers sandwiched between 2 sheets, in all the beds were uncomfortable , bedrooms dark with windows looking onto walls.
Curtains carpets and sofas stained and grubby, put towels on sofas before sitting on !
Shelves missing on fridge door,.
Wifi expensive and very slow.
Central location but without a doubt one of the most awful places we ever stayed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Blanche112
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I too experienced the wind tunnel effects described by the previous review. The wind was so loud and frightening I thought there was a hurriane happening. I knocked on the door of my travel mates, who were staying in a room at the front side of the building, believing that they may have been in danger, only to find that all my night fears were due to improper window installation and being located in a wind vacum. I'm not exaggerating when I describe them as Banshee type wind tones. We were genuinely frightened in this hotel room. I did not get a moments sleep and when we complained to the office, the following morning, our comments were not given any consideration. I too saw blood in the foyer, which was not cleaned up 2 days after it was first noticed. The room was dirty, smelly, and dimly lit. Whenever anyone flushed the toilets in the entire building , you could hear the water in the pipes outside my room. My mattress was old and lumpy. Not one window had a view. It felt very claustrophobic. I was relieved to put this hotel behind me and move on to better times.

Room Tip: I do not recommend any rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Donna C
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Beware. Four of us stayed in a two bedroom unit on the back side of the building. My first impression was it smelled, so we opened the windows and the adjacent building was a mere few feet away. We actually could see nothing but the building. The curtains were dirty. The walls are paper thin, we could hear conversations, music, baby crying in adjacent rooms. There was blood in the foyer of the building for over 24hours. The last night the wind picked up and caused a wind tunnel between the two buildings, which caused a noise so loud it kept all of us from getting ANY sleep. We stayed awake most of the night. I have been through two hurricanes and the noise level was not as loud as I experienced that night.

I would recommend you NOT book a room at the Brandon Village Apartments.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sally D
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I won't be rushing back here in a hurray. The lobby area always had flies buzzing around probably from the restaurant next door. The rooms are very basic not what like the website shows you. The shower was not very clean. There were roadworks and building works on across the road until late which I Am sure they would have been advised of so a note telling me of the would have been appreciated

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Annmarie555
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The evelvator has exposed wiring which I'm sure isn't legal. It also stinks. My 1 bed apartment was woeful, bed uncomfortable, shower rubbish and hot water fluctuates, furniture old, smoke from other balconies comes in if you're on a higher level - and you need the windows open to get rid of the stench! My kettle and tv remote didn't work. I asked for a new room, which I was given. This was a back room which was no better but less natural light so I stayed where I was.

During the day the whole building smells of sushi from below cafe - I love sushi but it was horrible.

Location is brilliant though.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment. Bedrooms very small. Only 3 easy chairs and 3 dining chairs for 4 people. The code we had been given to get the key from the box was incorrect. Were told on departure no late checkout was available and there was nowhere to store bags so out on street at 10am waiting for the 2.30pm ferry. Great position and reasonable price but would not stay again or recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends