All reviews lambton quay david jones great location attached restaurant king studio pillow menu smallest room well equipped kitchenette clean hotel tiny bathroom comfortable bed third floor standard room overnight stay tsb arena central location stayed here for one night
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely room, much nicer than many city rooms. Great location, near to the water, Parliament, everything. Lovely staff, great food at the Sterling restaurant in site. Im a tour guide do I always value engaged staff. Thoroughly recommendable!! Thank you!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I booked this hotel as it was close to the train station. We tried to walk there but should have taken a cab. My mistake. Hotel is just a year old and was perfect. Big rooms and bed. Staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Bathroom and shower were great. Our room was quiet and we were able to open the windows at night, Kitchenette was great for breakfasts.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 2,443
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I booked this Motel because of the proximity to the venue I was having a conference at. I also booked it because of the reasonable price, when I arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised. The entrance to the reception doesn't do anything for the rest of the Motel as it is rather small and down an alleyway(Short) but the security of the entire complex is great. I stayed on the 11th floor overlooking Lambton Quay and with a fantastic but narrow view of the harbour. Totally unexpected. The room was smallish but very well appointed with a massive shower cubicle. The decor was fresh and clean and the layout of the room didn't make it feel small at all. The bed was extremely comfortable and they had a pillow menu to inform you of the different types of pillow that were on the bed. Because of this pleasant experience I am planning on taking my wife back to the same Motel for a weekend in the near future. They do have a cafe/restaurant attached to the Motel but I didn't need to use it as the conference supplied all my food but I read the menu and saw a number of patrons there when I went past so I am looking forward to tasting their menu . I would highly recommend this Motel to all for that stopover of extended visit to Wellington

Room tip: I stayed on the 11th Floor in room 1103. GREAT views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tuwhare
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Functional small rooms that are well appointed and have most things you need, almost within arms reach. Generally only used at night as was working in Welly for a few days.

No issues with noise, which can be an issue in down town Wellington and did get a view of sorts, from my room.

Its not a room for staying indoors.

Room tip: Id stay away from the lift. 1003 has a view of sorts
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank nzfargo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

For the first time ever, trip advisor had no places for me to go. So I hit the streets, 4 full hotels later, I chanced upon this gem. Unorthodox floor plan(reception is on 3rd floor), bit it's reasonably priced, has friendly staff, is central, clean and spacious. I'm happy I got lucky.

Trip type: Travelled solo