“Great service, food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gotham

Gotham
Ranked #155 of 908 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great service, food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

One of my regular haunts. Always good service, food and atmosphere.

Visited November 2011

“Solid consistency, good coffee.”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Come here for breakfast when I am in Wellington. It's good and remains so every time. Does the basics very well.

New Zealand
“Centrally located with good food”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Gotham is in a lane off Willis Street, so it could be easily overlooked. There are also other eating places in this lane, but I think Gotham is the best bet for a place to sit down and have a meal at a reasonable price.

I've had breakfast there a few times and found the menu choices (eggs, french toast etc) always well cooked and presented. The service is efficient and friendly, and they make excellent coffee. The decor gives it a bit of atmosphere, and the banquette seating is very comfortable.

The price is a little higher than average, but I think to be expected in such a central location.

• Visited January 2011
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“This is the restaurant if you want to be well looked after.”
Reviewed 1 December 2009

Thankfully we came upon Gotham after I had suggested to my wife that there weren’t any cafes in the area. Our experience began with a most pleasant welcome from the table d’hote with a wine recommendation. The Domain Road Riesling with the salmon dish I chose was a great combination. My wife selected the Yarra Valley Cabernet Sauvignon to accompany her most enjoyable rib-eye steak. All in all our restaurant visit was one to be be long remembered for the best of reasons. We now know that there is this very special eating place in Wellington Central.