“Busy as ever, still very good”
Review of Caffe L'affare

Caffe L'affare
Ranked #5 of 58 Coffee & Tea in Wellington
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Established in Wellington in 1990, L'affare is a pioneer of New Zealand's celebrated café and coffee culture. Driven by an insatiable curiosity, we've covered the globe to bring the best and freshest coffee to New Zealanders. Our iconic café in College Street remains in its original location 26 years later. And in March 2016 we opened the door to our flagship Auckland roastery, café and HQ in Newmarket. Today we continue to roast locally and we continue to explore the world - all in the name of coffee.
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We love to dart over the road from shopping at Moore Wilson for a quick cuppa and something from the 'cabinet'. Rewarded with a still 'very good' experience this time....was excellent last trip....coffee had a funny sort of taste... and the portions are shrinking? nonetheless recommended for getting the buzziness of our favourite Welly coffee hang out it was a treat to return to Caffe L'Affare again the other day on our Wellington visit. recommended

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had brunch here. Food was a bit slow to come however they were extremely busy on this Sunday morning so always a good sign. Worth the wait it was delicious and the coffee was amazing.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I've bought their plunger coffee for home many, many times. I recently had a business meeting at Cafe L'Affare. It's in a good location, easy to find, and just next door to Moore Wilson. (Bonus!) It appears to be a great place for locals to meet, either for a meeting or to do some work. (I saw at least 5 people on their own working or reading while I was there.) It I hadn't been there for a business meeting, I probably would have eaten. However, I only had a flat white. It was a small and quite strong. I loved the atmosphere and the music being played, but it was a bit loud for a meeting. Really good service though, as I was approached and greeted as soon as I walked in the door. Good service is memorable. I'll be back to try to food in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My first review for Café L'affare yet have been here a zillion times. The food is always of a very high standard and the service is consistent. We were able to dine al fresco and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The coffee is excellent and so is this cabinet food as well as the specials and the fabulous menu. We had the good ole mince on toast with poached eggs and toast and a lovely ham and cheese French baguette sandwich and divine pumpkin, beetroot, feta, toasted almond and pumpkin seed rocket salad- Mmm :) My last visit I tried a steak and mozzarella pie. I'm not a big pie fan but I would definitely try this again. They are busy but still very friendly and efficient and they will continue to be one of my ultimate favourite places for breakfast or lunch in Wellington. Go L'affare!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We visited for hunger pangs foremost in our minds. The attentive wait staff scurrying to lay a menu in what seemed an uncoordinated and without systems establishment. Genuinely it has the feel of the Columbus coffee brand. But as it turned out we were attended to with ruthless efficiency. Hit drinks ordered in quick time and delivered almost as fast. Flavourful and full of depth if not a perfect example of the baristas craft. We struggled with the tea as there was far too much 'customer effort' required. Being not too busy the two chefs full of banter with the front of house team delivered our breakfast well plated and with a genuine homely feel. Good but not remarkable.
Perhaps the toast was overcooked (blackened edges) and being in short supply for our own taste nonetheless good honest fare. Another coffee not quite up to the standard of the first and we were on our way.