“Southgate motel”

Southgate Motor Inn
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have just spent the Easter weekend at the southgate motels in Wellington so I could be close to my seriously ill partner. The motel was beautifully presented and I slept very well in very comfortable beds. The atmosphere is very relaxed and quiet. And I would totally recommend this motel to everyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Southgate Motor Inn

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staying here while My Wife was in Hospital and very handy indeed as just across the road.
Had a top floor unit and a lift is there if needed.Very clean and tidy unit with microwave and a 2 ring stove top and all the utensils you need.
A huge and very comfortable bed and even a balcony to sit outside on a nice day.
I might be nitpicking but a shelf to put shampoo etc on in the shower would be great as it would make it a lot easier for people instead of having to bend down.
For sure a super place to stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This motel is located in a central position handy to the bus system, airport, the downtown area and the hospital. Has excellent well appointed spacious units with a good kitchen. I would stay here again. Good value for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AucklandTrammie
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My daughter and I have just stayed here and I cant say how happy we were, nothing was too much trouble the rooms were lovely and clean and had everything we needed , we came down on a moments notice with my husband being admitted to wellington and just walked in no booking made and they couldnt do enough to accomadate us , lovely couple , lovely place will be staying there again the next time I am in wellington regardless of what brings us back :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank DBaker131
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My stay at Southgate was unfortunately not a planned holiday but a second home for two weeks while I visited my mother in Wellington Hospital across the road.
It was a very sad time but the managers Natalie and David were wonderfully supportive and friendly and made it that little less stressful than it could have been.
The room was great, comfy beds, lovely and warm and a great shower. It was also a great bonus having free WiFi.
David's cooked breakfasts were a great way to get through the day.
Thanks to you both.

Room Tip: Hotel is on 3 levels so higher floors have a bit more of a view. Stairs are internal or there is a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We would have settled in without complaints had the power supply didn't give way. Six black-outs within an hour due to the fact the unit couldn't take the power load of 2 portable heaters + a kettle. It was a cold evening, unit had no central heating system, had to put on 2 portable heaters. To avoid black-outs, we needed to switch-off the heaters before we could use the kettle and other electrical appliances. Took a while for the owners to figure it out. They promised to fix it the next day but no electrician came, so we had to put up with the same thing the second night. Very inconvenient and annoying for the fact that they didn't even inform us that they couldn't fix it or even offer to move us to another unit. Lackadaisical attitude there! More black-outs as we had to figure out what can and cannot be used.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank SAAzli
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Well appointed, clean and tidy Exec room with kitchen facilities, spa bath and shower. Stayed here with my 2 daughters during Winter School week and found the situation great for walking to and from NZ School of Dance. Great to have free parking and Wifi. Lots of Cafes, a few Bars, Indian and Chinese places to eat at in Newtown all minutes from the Motel. A big Countdown supermarket just minutes walk was very useful too. A walk into town is a pleasant 3km or catch a bus right outside for $3.50 and very easy to catch a bus back again. Very helpful hosts too. We will return next year

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bev H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
Ascot Motor Lodge
#2 of 2 in Kilbirnie
Capital View Motor Inn
Capital View Motor Inn
#27 of 46 in Wellington

Been to Southgate Motor Inn? Share your experiences!