All reviews tory street courtney place great location full size fridge washing machine street noise courtenay place one bedroom apartment dining table pool and gym te papa great apartment inner city comfortable bed car parking good size free wifi
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I'm flying home to Australia this afternoon (6th October, 2016), after staying at Wellington's Distinction Hotel for four wonderful nights. Room 810 on the 8th floor had been perfectly cleaned and serviced for my arrival. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in; so much so, that I've taken details of the brand of mattress, and It will be my intention to purchase an identical one, for my own bed at home. The staff at the reception desk are friendly, efficient and very helpful. Wellington's entertainment district on Courtney Place is around the corner, and it contains legitimate theatres, movie theatres, and plenty of restaurants. (May I recommend the Enigma Cafe for the perfect breakfast and coffee). Please ignore the negative reviews about the Distinction Hotel at 70 Torey Street, Wellington. I've read most of them, and they make little sense to me. With no hesitation, I'm happy to give this place a 5-star review.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Grant C
Reviewed 29 September 2016

As usual we had a great stay at the Distinction. This time we stayed for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom unit on the 7th floor with a city view. We have stayed here many times and always request the 7th or 8th floor which means little road noise and with the blackout curtains we always sleep well. The beds are comfy and the units warm. We like being able to open the sliding door and step out onto the big balcony. The only criticism would be having to pay a huge premium for the room on a "WOW" night. Room was marked up by $200!!

Room Tip: City view, higher up the less street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Dirty expensive poor service horrible parking and no place to load/unload bags! A really bad experience ! This should not be a 5 star hotel...no star hotel is more like it! No bellman or luggage cart, didn't clean or straighten room.

• Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Stayed overnight for business, only need the room to sleep in. It was a spacious room, the bed was very comfortable and the room had everything you need. Bathroom was clean and fresh. Very centrally located, big choice of places to eat just outside door. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing is, and I have seen it mentioned and it wasn't an issue for me but I was surprised that the room was practically in the multi-storey carpark. As I said not an issue for someone not spending much time in the room, it wasn't noisy and the curtains blocked any lights but if you can I would ask for a room with some kind of view if you plan on being in the room for any length of time. I'd still stay there again - even if it was a carpark room.

Room Tip: Ask what views are available.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Second time I've stayed here. The location is great, close to Te Papa, and with good cafes in easy walking distance. The room is comfortable, with a good bed and also cooking facilities and utensils if you feel like picking up some food from a great gourmet supermarket just across the road.
Staff were friendly, and check in and out was fast.
No air conditioning, but the room was very comfortable at this time of year; a bit hot in warmer weather, but windows could be opened securely.

Room Tip: 8th floor was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business