“Dishonest - avoid”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellington
Monvie Central Serviced Apartments
New Zealand
“Dishonest - avoid”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Was there for a funeral - left my cleanser, shampoo& conditioner in the shower...emailed within hours of checking out to organsie to get it sent. Cleaner found only an empty botle of shampoo... which they "threw out" and the cleanser (very expensive) has disappeared. Grrr... am angry. Would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 December 2010

My husband and I booked a studio apartment on Wotif.com at short notice. All we needed was basic accommodation near public transport and Monvie met our needs.
The apartment has basic features including small balaconie, a kitchen and bathroom.
Its location (just off Courtney Place) is fantasic for accessing public transport, bars & restuarants. You could walk to most inner city sights from here.
I would recommend Monvie for short stays where travellers are looking for basic accommodation in a great location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2010

We just spent a week at Monvie Central Serviced Apartments. We had come into town so that I could have a C-section and so it was a bit of a harrowing time. Lois was incredibly helpful and always answered all of our questions. These serviced apartments are in good shape, located right in the CBD and in the middle of it all. While I was in the hospital our good friend took our daughter all around town easily via bus and walking. The bus stop is just about right outside the front door. It was perfectly situated for me to walk home from an appointment near the waterfront without any stress. Wellington is a notoriously expensive city, but because Monvie offers apartments without internet, they keep their rates affordable.

So, if you'd like to really concentrate on Wellington, get away from the internet for a while, although I must say there is an internet cafe downstairs and you can purchase other internet access plans through an internet cafe system that has spots all over town, Monvie is a great spot. The only down side we found was that the doors slam a bit, but it was certainly something that we could handle, especially with so many other plusses. If you're an extremely light sleeper, then be sure to bring your ear plugs, otherwise, it's not a big deal. My children never woke up because of it so it wasn't Earth shattering sound wise. Not only would we recommend it to others, we'd stay there again ourselves. We'd like to thank Lois for being such a huge help to us during our stay. Looking forward to going back, this time for pure pleasure.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Excellent apartment. Stayed at the "sunny penthouse", and it was extremely sunny! Highly recommend Monvie if you have a couple of days in Wellington. I really like self-serviced places, and this was excellent. Good bed, very well located to Courtney St and downtown Wellington, and decent kitchen / tv / facilities etc.

If that's not enough, was there when the Christchurch earthquake hit and the Monvie apartment building rocked back and forth - very good earthquake proofing, but hopefully you don't need it (yes i know wellington and christchurch are far away, i was surprised by the rolling bed at 4:30am too!)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Nice modern room with plenty of natural light, room is fully equipped and a little City noise but to be expected being so central.

Would definately recommend staying at these apartments again, I have been back twice now and so far both stays have been enjoyable.

Thanks to the staff who gave me directions for where I needed to be.

• Stayed August 2010
Wellington
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I stayed at Monvie one night with my partner to celebrate his birthday and really liked it. I got a great rate, especially compared to the prices of other hotels/serviced apartments in the central city and considering I booked right at the last minute. I had booked a quiet 1 bed studio, which was nice. It wasn't large but everything fitted well. It had lots of natural light from the large windows, a tv and dvd player, cd player/radio, a nice big bed, table, ensuite and a kitchen area. Although we were initially shown this room we were upgraded at no charge after a few minutes to a room with a small balcony when the lady checking us in realised that they had a room with a balcony available for the evening. The balcony room was even better - all the same facilities but the added bonus of small balcony with large sliding doors to walk out on to and a view over the city. The apartments are in a great location, handy to Courtenay Place, Cuba Mall etc as well as Te Papa, a large supermarket and Oriental Bay. The staff were really friendly and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend these apartments to anyone.

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Wellington
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Do not stay at Monvie apartments if you can help it. The location is rubbish, it is down a tiny alley way with no parking and no view at all. The place is all locked up and there is no one there to monitor the apartments. The room we stayed in was less than average, with very limited services. The ladies running the place seem to have no idea what they are doing or how to treat their clients. I will definitely not be returning to Monvie and I suggest you stay away.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Wellington hotels