“Excellent seafood dinner”

Description: Fresh NZ Seafood
Wellington
“Excellent seafood dinner”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We ate here on a cold winter's evening. Despite the weather, the restaurant was busy. I had booked a table, and we were shown quickly to it. Our wine was delivered with speed, and throughout the evening the service was uniformly excellent. Our meals were very tasty and interesting. I had monkfish and garlic dumplings to start then salmon with pumpkin gnocchi. Dessert was a lovely chocolate mousse with white and dark chocolate shards. This restaurant lives up to its high reputation.

1 Thank Pennydancer

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lived up to its expectations ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We turned up early tonight before 6, hoping to get a table, unfortunately they were already fully booked however we got offered a seat at the bar and we found out it was the best seat in the house! Rory, the amazing bartender made your night, accommodated for our pregnant friend by suggesting the cheese change for the soufflé main and when my friend was telling a story about an experience with grappa, Rory poured me some to help out! Perfect experience, excellent food (especially the dumpling and the steak and the gurnard!) highly recommend we will be back

2 Thank Alicia S
Wellington, New Zealand
“Beautiful Food and Great Service”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

After reading all the positive reviews we decided to eat here on a Friday evening. We had pre-booked and are glad that we did. It was very busy and was filling up fast! I ordered the prawn tails as a main and it was stunning. My husband ordered the salmon which also got the big thumbs up. For dessert I had the crepes which were really nice, but I did find them a bit too sweet for my liking. The service was great and very friendly. It's got a nice vibe and we were still able to hold an easy conversation when it was full. It is more on the higher end of the pricing scale, but worth it.

2 Thank Car0lyn777
Tromsoe, Norway
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This didn't really look like a top restaurant, but partly because of the TA ranking we chose it for a birthday meal, and we were not disappointed. The food was really excellent, and arrived quickly on hot plates. The waiter was quick, efficient and unusually attentive (in a good way), always making eye contact with each table before exiting; always checking if something was missing or should be removed (wine, water, plates). A thoroughly enjoyable experience; highly recommended.

1 Thank Pleonast
Wellington, NZ
“I don't eat fish but this is still the best”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A year ago I nearly had to be dragged here as I don't eat fish .I have now eaten here with friends,family and clients at least once a month and it remains my favourite restaurant .
The atmosphere is fantastic as Davey and his team work to squeeze those who havnt booked into the small but cosy rooms. At the bar we have Wellingtons top barman Rory who has an encyclopedic knowledge of a vast range of drinks . The rest of the staff make you always feel welcome and the wine list is good
My mates love the fish but I am a steak man .For over a decade I have always rated Boulcott St Bistro's fillet the best in town but it's now slipped to second . The steak is always well cooked and , the sauces( Bearnaise at times ) is fabulous .
Keep up the good work Mr Limacher and your wider whanau

• Visited June 2014